A RPU of my own!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Well I finally pulled the trigger on a roadster pickup. I picked it up in early July, and I haven't seen a project A in such solid shape in a very long time.

She's a 1928, was a Phaeton. That's okay, I planned on stretching the cab anyways, so I'll be adding the quarters and back panel onto what is already there. I've unfortunately got some really nice T rear fenders with it, so I'll be needing a good set of A rear fenders. I've got a 1967 283 with Power Pak heads, which should move the little bugger along just fine. I plan on a dropped axle axle and I've got some ideas up my sleeve for the rear suspension and some other trick things on the rest of the project. It won't get started for at least a year or two, no rush :)

IMG_5611_zps2fyhp7wl.jpg

IMG_5612_zpsam5rbkyq.jpg

IMG_5614_zps9obskk8h.jpg

IMG_5615_zpsf9tq7alw.jpg

I'm envious when I see some of the project material that others find like this. We never see such solid and very complete stuff for a start. I hope I'm able to follow this to completion. It should be intertaining and fun build for both builder and us watchers!!!

Now that I take a closer look it appears to be the front half of a Phaeton. Just as kool though.

Yep, that's what it is. I wanted to stretch the cab about 4" anyways before I even found one, so it's actually perfect for what I want since that extra part of the quarter is there already. And the quarters and back panel for a RPU are readily available.

Yeah, that thing is solid! So what was the dollar damage? That wouldn't be cheap around here.

That's the good part... It was about 20 minutes from me, and the price was way too right. I could turn around and make money on it if I wanted (but I was looking for a 28-29 RPU specifically so I won't).

We've all said it before, I couldn't afford not to buy it.

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I'm really excited!

Should be fun!
IMG_5619_zpsnp67ic2i.jpg

Ya don't come across a project in this good of shape very often.

You sure don't. I've been searching on and off for 2 years. Not easy to find a good one.

I'm envious when I see some of the project material that others find like this. We never see such solid and very complete stuff for a start. I hope I'm able to follow this to completion. It should be intertaining and fun build for both builder and us watchers!!!

There's a lot of junk around these parts as well. I had to be very patient, and it paid off.

Latest posts

Back