Some peoples kids

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope I'm not going to put myself in a bad spot with you guys...but I always loved working with fiberglass. I built something 20 years ago when I was 45 that really belongs to a 20 year old. The workmanship, paint and glass work is flawless but it's typically not liked at all by the hot rod crowd, never mind a rat rod crowd. It has just shy of 10,000 watts of sound system in it, 41 speakers, 10 amplifiers, 4 power cells and 0 gage wire running all thru it. I still have it and only take it out once in a while when the weather is good because nothing is waterproof. I built a matching trailer that's 42" long.

Everything underneath is powder coated. All the work is mine but the Upholstry and the flames. Folks either love it and want to take a bunch of pictures or they walk away shaking there heads.

Can I stay stay here? :(

BTW....the car posted should be burnt :D

Attachments

• IMG_8936.jpg
    IMG_8936.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8952.jpg
    IMG_8952.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_8967.jpg
    IMG_8967.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8981.jpg
    IMG_8981.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8989.jpg
    IMG_8989.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8991.jpg
    IMG_8991.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 25
  • HR 2017.jpg
    HR 2017.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 25
wow... did you lower it or did it drop due weight...? [ddd
That must have been a pretty hot truck back then! I wouldn`t drive that in daylight, but you sure know your way around glass work!! [cl

I really like clean work. That truck included. The corvette will be a mispraportioned mess in my opinion. I thinknthose db drag/ audio cars are cool. That dodge looks well done!!

wow... did you lower it or did it drop due weight...? [ddd
That must have been a pretty hot truck back then! I wouldn`t drive that in daylight, but you sure know your way around glass work!! [cl

It's a static drop...3 up front 5 in the back but it is 1200# over weight.

I can pull into any lowrider or sound system show and take first place in a snap but it sure isn't for everyone.

Thanks for the glass work compliment!

Very nice work, looks great!![cl
As far as fitting in around here I think the minimum requirements are:
wheels, engine, body or seat.[S Yep you got it. [P

To each their own, but the 'Vette just doesn't do it for me.

Couper, the Dakota looks like a well built truck and perfectly of the style 20 years ago. While it might be a bit different than what you're building now, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. Looks great!

I scanned through the Corvette builders latest YouTube video. It's comical. What's really funny is that he purchased the DelahayeUSA website and has dreams of selling rebodied C8's to people in the future. His website is claiming that the rebodied C8's may sell for $250K.

http://delahayeusa.com/project-cars.php#c8-rebody

Time to step away from the pipe. [S[S
Wow, it gets worse when you look at the website!!!

Wow, it gets worse when you look at the website!!!

His latest video had him showing how he had no idea how to make the fiberglass smooth in the mould. So considering he thinks that will be a $250K car, it's hilarious. He also couldn't figure out that the wheel on a Z06 being 1" larger didn't mean that he would need 1" more clearance between the tire and the wheel lip.

Latest posts

Back