Hospital Stay

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couper

RRR Supportor
So Thursday morning I wake up with a pain in my lower side / back / abominal area.....hard to tell exactly where but felt like a kidney stone. I jump in the jaccuzzi cause the hot water always makes me feel better. Three cycles of that and I'm about screaming so to the hospital I go.

With the kind of pain I'm in the doc's seem pretty baffled.... A Cat Scan showed 2 blood clots in my lung. It doesn't look like I'm making clots and they feel like the clots developed from my shoulder surgery. I've never had pain so bad in my life. Morphine didn't do ****....they had to give me Dilaudid via IV. It was a rough go.

Very bad pain and tough to breath for 3 days then it started to get better. I'm still very short of breath and have some pain which I'm managing with percosets every 8 or so hours. I'ts gona take me some time to get thru this. Just what I needed.....I was supposed to start PT for the shoulder next Wends. And the 40 sits :eek:(

Arrrrggggg

Thanks guys! Feeling a little better this morning. Gona ave to get back to wearing my mask when out since my lung is compromised. The covid numbers are spiking here in NJ and at 3800 cases a day as of yesterday.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Jeez, that's lousy way start the day. Glad they figured out what went wrong and you're doing better. Stuff can really pile up on you sometimes but you'll get thru it. Take care, better days are coming.:)

Hey Guys,
Sorry I've been MIA. I'm much better, slightly winded but not pain. I am on a heavy dose of blood thinners for 2 more weeks, then a reduced dose for 3 more. I have an appt with the Pulmonologist on the 1st and he says we won't take another cat scan for another 2 months. I went for my first PT session for my shoulder today....wasn't bad. The therapist a young fellow was very good, pushed to to the point of pain but didn't hurt me. Six weeks of this. If it ends well I will have my other shoulder done as well. That'll be my left shoulder, my worst shoulder..... Since I'm righty I suppose having the left done won't be as frustrating.

I got tired of looking at my bald head and got a hair piece....it looks very natural and makes me feel better, until I set it on fire with the torch or welding.

I love you guys, I've just been very demotivated to log on with nothing to say as far as the project goes. I haven't worked out in about 8 weeks and that has always been a big part of my life. The therapist says I can get back at it light in 2 months. I've lost 5-6 months before and have always bounced back looking better so I hope this age thing won't be working against me.

Thanks for asking about me and for your well wishes.....I'll get out of this funk soon.

Couper

Latest posts

Back