Gremlin with a Blown 502

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their used to be a speed shop in the Detroit area that ran a Opel GT with a blown big block in it.
It was called "The Janitor".
This build reminds me a lot of that car.
Bad to the bone.:cool: :cool: :cool:
[P [P [P
Torchie

We had to stretch the rear quarters to accomodate the 14.5x32x15 Mickey Thompson slicks [ddd
Look at how thick the bondo is on the fender flare that someone extended :rolleyes:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow, in the first photos I thought the body and paint looked neat on this car, but that bondo. Wow...

I was at an auction viewing locally here in the fall. The seller had a 2wd 1972 Blazer that was chopped and had C3 Corvette suspension and a 454. It was reportedly a former show truck and notably the hood had rounded corners and fit flush with a custom valence on the front edge. As the work was old and it was now partially in primer, portions of the bondo were lifting. You could see an inch of bondo on the front edge of the hood that was lifting off where they made the hood match up with the valence. The windshield posts where they chopped it were as bad or worse. Someone paid $9,200 for it :eek:

Last edited:
Yea, that's tubing at the bottom. They tack brazed a piece of 1/2" tubing around the lip then filled it with bondo :confused::confused:[S[S

well bondo is a multi million dollar company, 500k of it right in that gremlin apparently. :p

beauty work as usual! [cl[cl[cl[cl

The Gremlin went home with the owner for Paint and body work.
We built a dash and installed wheelie bars.
My Verizon internet is terrible and won't open the pics so I can enlarge them

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 39
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 35
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 39
Fantastic work on the whole car OI, that dash is beautiful. I get these weird pains in both shins just looking at those wheelie bars though....lol. I hope you'll be able to post a pic or two once it's completed.

Latest posts

Back