A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It drives up and down the driveway. Then I washed a year's worth of dust off of it. Fixed 3 or 4 little things I spotted. Pulled it in the garage. Fifteen minutes later there was a large puddle of ATF under it. Probably have to install a different steering box too. This one has a hard spot. The beat goes on...

See the Cardinal?

Attachments

• IMG_3241.jpg
    IMG_3241.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3244.jpg
    IMG_3244.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3245.jpg
    IMG_3245.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3247.jpg
    IMG_3247.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 38
That looks hot rod allright! nice... :cool: Too bad about the murder scene afterwards though. Always something.

Beautiful bird. Are they a rare species where you live?

Yes Flipper, I probably will dehorn it.

Trans leak was from the kickdown cable. No seal at the trans. Cost me 2 pounds of floor dry. Shoulda checked that before installing.

Cardinals are common around here. The boys start singing in early spring. Trying to impress the girl Cardinals. Gives this snowbound Northerner hope that warmer weather is coming.

I'll have to drive it more than a hundred yards to find all the shortcomings. Hopefully, not too many.

Around the neighborhood test drive aftermath. Let's count the leaks.
Those are fixed. What's next?

Beginning to question my hot rod building prowess. Maybe switch to stamp collecting.

Attachments

• IMG_3254.jpg
    IMG_3254.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 20
If your hot rod parts are like my hot rod parts, it's worn out stuff that wasn't good enough for someone else, but you thought you could make it work. If leak free was the most important thing, you'd buy a new Toyota.

Enjoy your cool little car!

Bob, Fine looking Old School Hot Rod. [cl

A new seal & a better steering box & it will be on the road. Summer cruising is just around the corner.:D

New seal would probably help. Then, after that, it is amazing how many places on these old rides hold liquids for a long time, just leaving drips until those places finally dry up.

I fixed a small leak on my truck 2 weeks ago. I know the area is dry, but the crossmember under that leak is still dripping, but the drips are getting smaller. One of these days it will no longer drip.

Between now and then, my truck is marking and claiming its territory.

Well said, Flipper. I am a major investor in Floor Dry. I did however, get the leaks fixed. Now on the hunt for a better steering box. I have an iron Corvair box but in my opinion it is too light for the roadster. Kinda tight space but hoping I can fit an older Chevy truck box in there. It will look right.

If your hot rod parts are like my hot rod parts, it's worn out stuff that wasn't good enough for someone else, but you thought you could make it work. If leak free was the most important thing, you'd buy a new Toyota.

Enjoy your cool little car!

I was reading up on new Toyotas yesterday (new car for wife), and even they have oil leak problems.

It drives up and down the driveway. Then I washed a year's worth of dust off of it. Fixed 3 or 4 little things I spotted. Pulled it in the garage. Fifteen minutes later there was a large puddle of ATF under it. Probably have to install a different steering box too. This one has a hard spot. The beat goes on...

See the Cardinal?

The car is looking slick, Bob! I love the Cardinal in the picture! I'm curious to see how you might change the rear horns around.

Have anymore info on that?

A family member was looking at at several near new Toyotas.

The 3.5 V6 they have in many new models (mainly the version that was used until 2016) has a problem with a leaking timing cover, and you have to drop the whole cradle with the engine to get to it. Big job. The 2017-up version has the same issue but it's an easier fix.

The 3.5 V6 they have in many new models (mainly the version that was used until 2016) has a problem with a leaking timing cover, and you have to drop the whole cradle with the engine to get to it. Big job. The 2017-up version has the same issue but it's an easier fix.

TY.

The 3.5 V6 they have in many new models (mainly the version that was used until 2016) has a problem with a leaking timing cover, and you have to drop the whole cradle with the engine to get to it. Big job. The 2017-up version has the same issue but it's an easier fix.[/QUOTE]

My DD is a 2015 Sienna Mini Van with the 3.5 V6. At 113,000 miles it doesn't use or leak a drop. Swear it's the best 1/2 ton truck I've ever had and 285 HP I think it'd blow the doors off the 327 66 Chevelle I had back in the late 70's.[S

Latest posts

Back