Redoing the T-Bucket dash board

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryH

I'm redoing the dash board in my T-Bucket and i'm trying to figure out the gauge lay out. I'll be using VDO Cockpit series gauges, speedo, tack, volt, temp, oil pressure and gas gauges.

I still haven't decided if i'm going with a new 'glass dash or make one from a flat piece of metal. I had thought about just cutting the center out of my dash (wood) and makeing a new panel for the gauges. Problem is it had a stereo in the dash so there wouldn't be much of the wood left. I'll probably just replace the entire dash.

I need pics of dash boards to help with figuring out the gauge lay out.

Lots of cool dashboards but i'm looking for some T-Bucket dashboards to help figure out the gauge layout. What looks good in a Model A might not look as good in a T-Bucket.

Here are a few T-Bucket dashes that might inspire you.
HPIM3033.JPG

HPIM3036.JPG

HPIM3038.JPG

HPIM3041.JPG

HPIM3049.JPG

And there's more if you like.

I kind of like this gauge lay out.

HPIM3036.JPG

I just need to decide on what type of dash i want.

So post up what ya got. I need some inspiration.

I tried a bunch of different lay outs. This is the one i'm thinking about going with. Then i'll move the ignition switch and headlight switch from under the seat to the left side of the dash board.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 17
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 11
I found myself looking more at the steering wheel and column locations on those cars , that's alot of different angles . I never thought about so many guage configurations , go with what you can see the best from the most used to the least used guage

Latest posts

Back