Veteran ratters.... Opinions?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the cars--I like them--They meet most of the reasons I do these things

Fun-Fast-Cheep N easy. Outlaw/anti waxer. Jolt the culture a little.

The art in the cars ain't the paint.

PA41

They are not cars I personally would build. But I have learned, ( mainly by people not liking what I did to a 39 Chevy truck), that different things are not bad things.
Just like "sleeper" cars from the 70's, I like the basic idea. The body style is not for me.

To each there own. They like it and are having fun. There not hurting anyone, so who cares. A lot of people look down on us for what we do;).

As long as they have a fart can and a K&N filter, it's all good! ;) In '88 I had a '76 Civic - flat black and bright yellow trim - I was way ahead of the curve. (Lost any pics of it in a divorce :mad:)

CIMG3003.jpg

I like this 'un:
carparade2006-006.jpg

Not sure about these trends. I'll take the stripped down interior over the argile sock paint job though!
6.jpg

attachment.php

I just wanted to see what some of you guys thought about it... Those few of us into this type of styling that don't follow the trends get dogged hard for our choice of styling...

I have no problem with guys that work on their cars no matter what the trend, type of car or the end result. Go for it!! I wish the youngsters in my town would put their hands on something besides drugs, alcohol and each other. :confused:

build what you have, build what you can afford, build it safe....
The most important thing is to have fun along the way.

Thats all there is to it.

Im not really into the whole thing.

to me taking an old rusted sun faded old honda and making it a sleeper would be cool. but making a really nice car and rusting out the hood and painting the wheels green. not my thing.

but for every car there is a fan and a hater. thats just part of the sport. build what you like and thats all you need to worry about. and i would rather see a guy into some kinda car then no car at all.

build what you have, build what you can afford, build it safe....
The most important thing is to have fun along the way.

Thats all there is to it.

By having a small budget doesn't bother me b/c I don't have a want for all the tacky sh*t guys are throwin on cars today... So yea, being able to afford my econobox is awesome...

Im not really into the whole thing.

to me taking an old rusted sun faded old honda and making it a sleeper would be cool. but making a really nice car and rusting out the hood and painting the wheels green. not my thing.

but for every car there is a fan and a hater. thats just part of the sport. build what you like and thats all you need to worry about. and i would rather see a guy into some kinda car then no car at all.

I like rusted hoods and a I like hood art... Sleeper, my car will be...

I understand the hater part... I just miss the days when people were into cars just to enjoy them, not to discriminate against them... Maybe I need to go back to minitruckin so I can fit in w/ a crowd that bonds w/ the hobby... Oooooor hang around a bunch of old farts in the backs of shops like I've always done...

As I said before, I might not like what you build, but I can appreciate all of the work done to a car or truck! So build what you like and have fun with it! If we worried what everyone else thought none of us would have any Rats!!!...CR

As I said before, I might not like what you build, but I can appreciate all of the work done to a car or truck! So build what you like and have fun with it! If we worried what everyone else thought none of us would have any Rats!!!...CR

Quoted for truth...

Correction, we wouldn't build any cars at all... Personally I don't care what people think... I build it the way I want... I always seem to have a controversial edge to my builds...

Like eveyone said build what you got the way you want, just make it safe, BUT I cant see taking a good car and tearing it up just to get into the latest thing, there was 1 picture the car had no dash at all, I could see a broken dash or sheet metal dash but just to take it out, ???? I dont get that. I am not beating up on any cars, to each his own....

As long as they have a fart can and a K&N filter, it's all good! ;) In '88 I had a '76 Civic - flat black and bright yellow trim - I was way ahead of the curve. (Lost any pics of it in a divorce :mad:)

CIMG3003.jpg

I like this 'un:
carparade2006-006.jpg

Sweet, Sam! I had a '76 1200 for a awhile a few years back, then got bored with it, never finished, sold it to buy my S-10.

One of my best friends has a CHERRY '76 CVCC like the one in your pic, currently powered by a souped up Prelude engine. It started life as a turbo'd race car, never saw the streets til it was about 10 years old and has NEVER seen winter.

Cyanide, I'm diggin' on the newer ('93?) coupe with the satin green paint in the thread you linked to. The whitewalls are, well, pooey, though....just not my thing on a modern car of ANY kind.

Build as you will (safely) and drive the wheels off it!

Regards,
Shea:)

In the 80's I owned a 1956 Chevy. At that time my dad didn't get it, the car was only 30 years old.

Today a kid owns a car built in the 80's and really thinks he has something. I don't get it, the car is only 30 years old.

The point is we are all individuals with our own likes and dislikes. At least the kids who own these cars have something to keep them occupied and afterall, a gearhead is a gearhead!

Lets see.... I look at those foreign cars this way...I reach into my pocket and what do I see???....American money..when I reach into my pocket and see foreign currency (yen,won,euro etc...)..then i'll think about doing a foreign car rat rod style....American money....American cars....Chevy, Dodge, Plymouth, Ford, etc. etc... try to keep the look American..just my opinion...kinda thinking outloud that all..

I call it jumpin on the trend wagon...........i come from a mini truckin background so i understand being different and being creative.....If you like it then build it....We all know the time and money it takes to build the things we love so i appreciate anyone with a wrench in there hand......From a Tudor to a Isetta...

SIC

Latest posts

Back