Gimp School?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PA41

Widewhites suggested I load Gimp to photoshop. It works well as far as I can do it, but I'm pretty lame. Anyone use this? Any suggestions on learning it? Or -like all things--just DO IT...

I can sure see how doing photo work on a project could save shop time. Heres an example on my 33 Dodge I just pulled out of the shop. The hood looks wrong--doesn't follow the belt lines. I did a little messing with it and came up with a possible fix with an adjustment on the botom of the hood. The lower hood edge needs to follow the body molding line so theres not so many angles going everywhere.

I'd like to just draw a straight line from one point to the other, but can't figger out how :).. So just airbrushed some black in.

A better way??

Thanks.

PA41

Attachments

• bentleybuild 034.jpg
    bentleybuild 034.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 67
  • bentlewedgeup 034.jpg
    bentlewedgeup 034.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 59
I use PS & find GIMP lacking. Been usin' PS so long it was ridiculous for me to learn a new program but wasn't as good.

BoB

Ya think I should spring for the PS, instead of starting on gimp, then switching? Learning is hard for me, and don't want to do too much--might hurt me..

eBay has some PS programs for $40 or so, is that the right one? Others are a couple hundred..

PA41

Ya think I should spring for the PS, instead of starting on gimp, then switching? Learning is hard for me, and don't want to do too much--might hurt me..

eBay has some PS programs for $40 or so, is that the right one? Others are a couple hundred..

Sorry... I misunderstood! I thought u already had PS. The GIMP isn't as intricate as PS but is pretty darn good for free! That said... PS probably has a steeper learning curve... depends on what u intend on doing with it! For most things the GIMP is fine! If you decide to buy PS... be sure to get a full version as an upgrade by itself will not work. Typically any of the older versions are sufficient but make sure they will run on u're computer. I use a Mac & when they upgraded the OS it did not support my version & I was forced to upgrade & it cost me $150! Needless to say I wasn't really pleased but nothin' I could do @ that point!

BoB

Latest posts

Back