Kustom's photo contest... $50 cash to da winner!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P8252842.jpg

customs

Lot of nice customs and a few non-custom pictures but I am sure glad that the Barris ( Grecian) was a one of a kind. I don"t see one thing on that car that looks right. Heck even a stock Edsel has better lines and that ain"t no compliment. Of all the old-time customizers Barris is about as over rated as Chip Foose today. A new show coming out soon Kings of Customs should be pretty good. Actual working customizers that made the custom car world what it is today.:cool:

Oh I don't know Crossfire, The Hirohata Merc (among many other stylish cars) did come out of the Barris shop and it's my favorite. Those customizers in the 40's/50's didn't have another 50 years of styling exercises to look at and times were different then as to what was aesthetically pleasing and what was not. I think we tend to be a bit harsh on some of the pioneers for that reason. Not to mention, sometimes those shops were building what the customer wanted.

Last edited:
This has to be my fav of all time... the Rev Billy G's Cadzilla!!!

BoB

Attachments

• Cadzilla.jpg
    Cadzilla.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 25
Barris did some amazing stuff, but that 'barn find' was in a barn for a reason. Bet Barris knew it failed before he finished it - it doesn't even look like it was finished.

Barris did some amazing stuff, but that 'barn find' was in a barn for a reason. Bet Barris knew it failed before he finished it - it doesn't even look like it was finished.

I forgot to mention while I was taking up for the Barris shop that I don't care for the Grecian either, although it wasn't too bad in it's first custom form.

but then it got out of control and turned into this.....

Old girlfriend

Here's a couple of pics of one of my old girlfriends from about four years ago !!! I let her go down the road.

Attachments

• red car 054.jpg
    red car 054.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 20
  • red car 063.jpg
    red car 063.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 15
I forgot to mention while I was taking up for the Barris shop that I don't care for the Grecian either, although it wasn't too bad in it's first custom form.

but then it got out of control and turned into this.....

When it was yellow and green it looked like it was caught naked [S

Jim

Latest posts

Back