Roadster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Engine

Wes and I got the motor and trans mounts completed today, wasnt as hard as I thought it was going to be. BOY THAT MOTOR IS HEAVY! LOL.......

Attachments

• front frame 008.jpg
    front frame 008.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 118
  • front frame 009.jpg
    front frame 009.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 102
  • front frame 012.jpg
    front frame 012.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 106
  • front frame 014.jpg
    front frame 014.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 100
  • front frame 016.jpg
    front frame 016.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 103
I've never run a panhard with traverse springs, either front or rear. The spring itself acts as a sideways movement limiter, if you have the shackles set up properly (45 degree angle). I can throw my car into a hard turn and it tracks right around with no frame shift.

I looked over your pictures and I think you will be fine the way it is.

Don

Thanks Don,
When the weight of the motor was added to the frame the springs compressed and everything seemed to center itself. This is the first time I have ever used this style springs, your adivce is greatly appreciated.

Curt

Hey Curt, is that a 6" Speedway frontend? It looks just like the one I am using. If so, how much did the frontend droop when you put full weight on it? I factored 2 1/2" into mine. The roadster looks great, keep the updates comin'!

Hey Curt, is that a 6" Speedway frontend? It looks just like the one I am using. If so, how much did the frontend droop when you put full weight on it? I factored 2 1/2" into mine. The roadster looks great, keep the updates comin'!

Mike,
You are right it is a 6 in drop axel from speedway. When the motor was added it dropped 3 inches. I hope this helps......

Curt

Front end

We got the front end all welded up today, had to modify the frame a little to give it more clearence. Hope to start on the floor soon......

Attachments

• front end 282.jpg
    front end 282.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 71
  • front end 284.jpg
    front end 284.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 60
  • front end 287.jpg
    front end 287.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 63
been watching this build, and i really like what you have done, can't wait to see it done.

Been working on the floor and seat section, seems to be taking longer than I had hoped but it was harder than I thought it would be.....lol,,,,Had to make a relief in the tunnel for the gas pedal due to limited to box room. I have aslo started working on the suicide door hinges, hope to get most of it completed this weekend........and yes im redoing the dash.....it just dosent look good....

Attachments

• 481.jpg
    481.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 483.jpg
    483.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 489.jpg
    489.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 561.jpg
    561.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 572.jpg
    572.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 104
  • 570.jpg
    570.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 569.jpg
    569.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 113
Well I did manage to hang the drivers door, everything lined up perfect and the door opens without binding.The doors are soo flimsy and weak I had to add square tubing for support across the opening, this really made things a lot stronger.

HAPPY VETERANS DAY TO ALL WHO HAS SERVED AND CONTINUE TO SERVE

Attachments

• suicide door 003.jpg
    suicide door 003.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 74
  • suicide door 004.jpg
    suicide door 004.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 76
  • suicide door 005.jpg
    suicide door 005.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 76
  • suicide door 006.jpg
    suicide door 006.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 77
looking good and wow that is tight for the old toes to fit in it will be interesting to see how it unfolds, where did you get the door hinges?
I'm really leaning towards a roadster with my 46 pick up you are really helping me;)

looking good and wow that is tight for the old toes to fit in it will be interesting to see how it unfolds, where did you get the door hinges?
I'm really leaning towards a roadster with my 46 pick up you are really helping me;)

I bought the hinges on line from a shop in Arizona, I will post the name when I find it. Something to remember is to get a box smaller than 2.5 in or you will have to modify to fit the door post.

Curt

More progress made on the doors, it took a while to get eveything lined up. I had to cut and bend the hinge itself to get everything working.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 62
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 73

Latest posts

Back