46 to 48 ford cars

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galaxie50059

Argonne, Wisconsin(somewhere between Chicago and C
46fordsedan1.jpg

The 46 two door sedan sitting on wheels is in the process of getting a freshened up flattie removed from a 47 four door cop car. The 46 is an extremely solid montana car with only surface rust to be found. The coupe is a 47 and was wrecked early on in life. The front clip came from the above mentioned 47 four door cop car. The little flattie runs and powers the car around the yard nicely. When I got it, the engine was seized up from sitting around. I took my time and bumped it every day with my truck. In between bumps I would add a little more marvel mystery oil down the carb. I had the spark plugs loosened up quite a bit whil I did this. Within about 30 minutes of it breaking free I had it running. It was a little rough due to a stuck valve or two, but eventually, it loosened up. It still smokes but nothing too major that it requires immediate attention. The green and white 46 sedan was a patrol car too and is from north dakota. Enjoy the pics.

flattie pics

Right now the flattie being freshened up isnt much to look at, just a bare block awaiting my return to it. The flattie in the coupe is pretty rusty and ratty looking(I guess thats how it should be right?). If my dad is around this afternoon and can help me lift the front end off of the coupe, I will get some pics and post them.

Latest posts

Back