Hi, my name is brian

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are on the west side of the state which is way better than my side. I'm sure there will be rust. It will be a big project, slow and time consuming. I will go look at them and see. I will keep ya posted

The grill on those always reminds me what people used to say about the sort of grinning bass (guitar) player who looked like the front end of a Buick.....

I think they went to open drive shafts in 54

Well, mine was torque tube. I had a 54. I bought 3 other trannys before I gave up trying to find one that worked. They all slipped out of gear when worn. At the time I didn't have enough confidence to go into it and do a rebuild. I rebuilt a 235, found a 58 ford rear with posi and a 3 speed saginaw out of a chevy and that was what it had when I traded it in on a new truck. Might have been the early 55s tho...haven't spotted the info.

Well my disease struck again

Attachments

• IMG_20230728_180740.jpg
    IMG_20230728_180740.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 16
So a buddy actually gave me a 76 Ford F-250 with an Fe in it. It runs but it needs a couple axle parts, the rear axle will probably just get swapped out. I think it needs a front hub for a 44 which is dime a dozen. So I think you might be able to see where this is going LOL. Thinking about making it four wheel drive. I'd have to shorten the frame like 12 inches which is no big deal. Not going to do anything mad Max style I want something clean that looks like it would have been done from the factory I guess. I won't keep this one it'll most likely be something I'll put together and flip. Just trying to do something different

Well I have made a breakthrough. I think I have realized my problem is my trailer it's too easy to load things onto. And then I quickly went downhill and did it again

Attachments

• IMG_20230912_174123677_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230912_174123677_HDR.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20230912_174236069_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230912_174236069_HDR.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 8
Around here I'm not sure that a modified 4WD truck would flip for as much as the stock version of that truck. If you're just wanting another project I understand. In decent condition that old Ford wouldn't sit long with a 4 sale sign on it.

Around here I'm not sure that a modified 4WD truck would flip for as much as the stock version of that truck. If you're just wanting another project I understand. In decent condition that old Ford wouldn't sit long with a 4 sale sign on it.

This old Ford is going to be left 2wd. It will get some rust fixed, cleaned up and sold

Latest posts

Back