'82 Chevy S-10

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

low dawg

My sons and I started this with a ratty '82 S-10 long bed standard cab pick up truck. Shortened the mid-frame section 291/2" and took 14" from behind the rear spring perch. Channeled the cab 4". Removed the stock steering components (accept steering box) and framed out a '31 model A axle for up front. Using the stock 2.8L V-6(for now) and the stock automatic tranny. Completely removed the roof and reinforced the cab structure. B&M floor shifter,stock bench seat, new aluminium dash. Reworked the radiator support and prop rods. Full custom exhaust off the stock manifolds with glass pack side pipes. We started this in October of 2011 and are now waiting to find new spindles and brake kit for front. 90% of all the parts we needed we made here in the garage, from scratch, using parts and materials from just about anything we could find the would suit our needs...It's been really fun so far and I learned alot about my boys, my oldest is quite the welder, and my youngest loves to paint! Got any suggestions, ideas, or where I might be able to locate some cheap model A spindle/brakes parts...shoot me a message!! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• hotrod 043.jpg
    hotrod 043.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 149
  • hotrod 046.jpg
    hotrod 046.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 131
  • hotrod 101.jpg
    hotrod 101.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 257
  • hotrod 103.jpg
    hotrod 103.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 220
Looks good man. I couldn't open the pic on Killbillet when you posted it (my username is Civicalized on there) but it definitely looks cool. You could probably shave the body lines and no one would know it. Welcome to RRR (I am new myself), look forward to seeing more!

Nice truck,Call me crazy but id leave the v6! I just sold a 91 s-10 last august and it had the 2.8 manual.It had 250,000 on it and it still ran like a top.No smoke. It could still chirp the tires in third easily!!LOL Hated to selll it but had to have the money for a more family freindly vehicial. $900.00 took it! still regret it. best running truck I ever had.wish I would of did the same with it now! NICE JOB!![cl

Attachments

• JJ KITTEN! 031.jpg
    JJ KITTEN! 031.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 35
Another 82 S10 lost...... "YOU SHOULD HAVE LEFT IT ORIGINAL!"
Just kidding man. Nice to see you and your son working together. Good job![cl

Wow, very cool and very different. Who knew an S10 could look so cool. My freind traded a snow blower for this Chevy Luv last spring with the intention of making it his rat rod. I told him its not a rat rod , just an old rusty truck. Maybe I was wrong. [S

Attachments

• matts luv 2.jpg
    matts luv 2.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 44
Wow, very cool and very different. Who knew an S10 could look so cool. My freind traded a snow blower for this Chevy Luv last spring with the intention of making it his rat rod. I told him its not a rat rod , just an old rusty truck. Maybe I was wrong. [S

I really dont think there is ANY vehicle out there you CANT rat rod!
Take this S10 and Datsun for example :D

Attachments

• 118200662726PM21421.jpg
    118200662726PM21421.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 58
  • rat_rod_s10.sized.jpg
    rat_rod_s10.sized.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2401.jpg
    IMG_2401.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 77
  • P3290171.JPG
    P3290171.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 4002799025_ec1ca10f46.jpg
    4002799025_ec1ca10f46.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 68
Dude, I like it.:D

I've loved the brick shaped S trucks sice they came out... I'm on my second one right now ('87 x-cab, original 2.8/auto with 117,000kms). But man, the RUST!!! :(

Definately post a thread in "Builds" section, I think most would be interested to see it!

I think it's GREAT you've got your kids in on it, too! :cool: Good "Daddin" right there!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

I luv the luv"!!!

I had two of those little luvs. Great trucks, especialy when the thing dies when the alternator takes a dump. I pushed it to pop the clutch to start it for a couple days. Nice and light

Latest posts

Back