Another new guy...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustydusty

Hey Guys,
Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Dusty and I live in Annapolis MD. I'm 58 years old and have been a gearhead all my life! I drove a mildly customised 41 chevy pickup during high school years (my brother still has it). I was heavy into bikes after that (mostly british choppers and cafe racers). Then out of needing a car cheaply I bought a 66 Ranchero. I was hooked. After that followed 5 El Caminos and a 69 Dodge Dart big block convertible. When I met my wife, she informed me El Camino's were too redneck so I sold my beloved 70 with a very loud and radical smallblock and bought a 62 Studebaker Lark, yanked out the 6 cylinder and three on the tree and installed a 66 327 out of a vette and a th350 (this was my daily driver). I also added disc brakes all the way around. The Stude started to rust out pretty badly so I cut the body off, shortened the frame 16 inches and dropped on a 34 Chevy 3 window coupe body my wife's uncle gave me (that's why I married her!) and I am working on this project now.

Welcome to RRR. Lets see some pics of your coupe. I always liked El Caminos too, had one for a while.

Welcome from ky. sounds like some good rides but puzzles me you got 3 window coupe and a wife and I rebuilt a bridge to get a wife [S

Welcome from another MD noob. You've got me by only a couple of years, and a lot of experience. Pencil your calendar for the 1st and 3rd Saturday afternoon/early evening: Rods cruisers bikes rats new stuff in Mt. Airy MD 21771 at Jimmie Cone ice cream stand parking lot. Mostly show quality cars and trucks, anywhere from a few dozen to 100+ on any given day. Hope to see something old there from Annapolis!

Latest posts

Back