been to some car crusies in the rat.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerchooper

i havent touched my 41 chevy truck at all this year since the sun came out and the snow went away, i just want to drive my olds rod.

ive been to several cruses since the weather has opened up to drivable weather. alot of ppl enjoy what ive came up with on the rat rod. ive met alot of nice ppl along the way. but there are just them few ppl that get under my skin when i roll in some where.

i was labeled the work in progress guy tonight. i chuckeled and walked away as the guy shut his door on his fiberglass ride. now dont get me wrong, i like all kinda of old school, fiber kit cars to todays cars. i look at them for what they are and where they were heading with there build.

it kinda made me think about some stickers to get made. let me know what you think and add your own.

DO NOT TOUCH
your oily hands will stop the ageing process!!

HA HA, a welder and hammer can fix mine.

WARNING
THIS IS REAL STEEL

I know what your plate says
but when was the body made?

you call it rat rod junk
BUT ITS REAL

MINE, BUILT WITH LOVE IN MY GARAGE
YOURS, BUILT THE NEW SPEED SHOP DOWN THE ROAD.

i have a friend down the road that has all kinds of cars, 20's threw 60's.

he loves my car, what ive done and everyone that comes over gets a intro of what has been done to my car with a walk around by him. but when im over there i just gaulk at what he has and has built over the years. truely bad ass cars. some work in progress and some ready to roll.

i just dont see why some ppl would act this way and call themselfs car nuts but in realality they are just there car nut.

A lot od the guys with more money than brains like show type cars. I have had a few fairly nice cars and a rat is a lot more fun and I don't worry about scratches when I park it. I would not have a classic car at all if it had to be perfect, I am raising a family and I have to do it low buck (prefer it also). I love your Olds.

Why is it that neither side of this sees that they are just as judgmental...doing exactly what the other is doing while complaining about it being done to them?

Why is it that neither side of this sees that they are just as judgmental...doing exactly what the other is doing while complaining about it being done to them?

Ding ding ding. We have a winner folks!

Complaining about other people complaining doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe if people spent more time driving their car instead of parking it next to other cars and hoping for a reaction then they would have less to complain about. :rolleyes:

Exactly... Why do some people feel the urge to speak out? Why not just the same ol' sticker, that says, "it is finished..." and leave it at that! I love all cars and hate when people cannot play nicely. Just do your own thing and have fun!

I found this funny

We took the rat to dinner the other night and while stopped
at a light the lady next to me said "Nice truck" ...she could have
stopped there but then she had to ask "Are you restoring it?".

I told her "Nope, this is the way I like it".:eek:

Then I opened the pipes wide as the light changed.

An old Jeeping buddy of mine had this on his bumper, 87 CJ rollin 40's on D60's. Something I think I either need to make some shirts of or some sort of sticker for the car.

"Built Not Bought"

Have even thought about trying to get a personalized plate "BLT NTBT"

Not a kit!!

Your plastic is fantastic, but my steel is real...

Built not bought..

Not avaible at wal-mart.

Tim

i was kinda ****ed when i posted this that night.

i feel i would be just like them if i did the stickers. so im just going to drop this idea and let it go.

Hey Deerchopper

Ever since the 1970's my favorite kind of car was the rough around the edges kinda car. Back when I had a family at home and was really broke I had this old smelly Datsun truck and I painted on the hood ...."It's neater in a beater"...the pretty rod guys I am sure didnt like it but it was all I could afford.

Hey how about

"steel is real"...or maybe "in rust we trust"

just my 2 cents

MikeC

me and the wife hit a few shows so far this year, the most fun was at the local vfw, Ihad little kids with snow cones climbing in my car and more people were taking pictures than of most of the other cars, there were a few older couples sitting across from us and the two old birds were saying to each other how my old ratty was getting more attention then there husbands cars my wife just sat there smiling as more little booger eaters enjoyed my ride. that was the best.[P

Latest posts

Back