Car Rentals

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank p

I was given the opportunity to attend a specialized training class in Pueblo Colorado, but to get there I had to first fly into Denver, pick up a rental car from the Payless Car Rental lot just outside the airport and drive it from Denver to Pueblo, and I would have the use of the car for the six days I was there. All the rental arraignments and cost agreements had been made prior to my arrival by my employer via the internet and all I had to do was walk in, pick up the keys and go. I walked in, gave them my name and waited while they looked up the rental paperwork, I had to use my debit card to secure the vehicle and I told them I would pay in cash when I returned the car. While waiting for them to get everything together the attendent asked if I wanted to get insurance on the car to which I replied no, (I was told previously by my insurance agent that my policy covered me in whatever I drove whether it was mine or not) after my reply, the attendent with a pen, x'ed next to a few places on a printed sheet of paper and while handing the sheet to me and a set of keys, he said "I upgraded your car and that I need you to initial next to all the x's". I assumed my initials were needed due to the upgrade and quickly initialed the paper, he then took the papers, folded them and stuck them in a packet and handed it to me and told me where my rental was located. I left the office, found my car and drove to Pueblo. Returning the car to the lot six days later, walking into the office and giving them my name again ( the packet had been left in my hotel room), they looked up my paperwork and told me the cost of the rental which was $150 dollars more than I was given by my employer prior to my trip. I did have the paperwork showing the original cost quote for the rental on the internet, I showed them this and they stated that since I didn't take out insurance the price of the rental was more. I argued that I was never told of the additional cost when I first picked the vehicle and they told me I should have read what I was initialling. No matter what I said they still charged me the increased fee to which I had to pay the additional cost through my debit card. I agree, I should have read the paper but the way the attendant did his slight of hand deal, I thought everything was as it should have been. I have yet to go back to work and turn in my paperwork so I hope the company can take care of the matter and cancel the charge on my card. Anyone else have these type of problems with Denver Payless Car Rental or is it just me who thinks I was ripped off by the Payless Car Rental company in Denver. ( I had to repeat the name of "Payless Car Rental" located in Denver, just to make sure everyone knows who I was talking about)

I always take the insurance, regardless of what my regular policy says. I just don't feel like buying them a new $ 25,000 car if something bad happens.

Don

I hate the "always costs you more". Cell phones,cable co and other stuff like that, by time you get out of their offices you feel like they at least owe you a kiss and a reach around.

Re: Car Rental

Just an update on what's happen so far: Both my employer and myself had phoned and talked to the manager of Denvers Payless Car Rental and we both got the same story, he said I should have said something at the time I was originally issued the paperwork on the rental, I told him my story on the "upgrade" and how the attendant never verbalized what I was initialing or the increase in charges. I contacted the Corporates customer service and relayed what happened to me and I'm now waiting to hear back from them but I'm not holding by breath, I think I'll hear the same run-a-round story from them but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.....not!
Payless Car Rental in Denver...just the words leave a sh#tty taste in my mouth

Car Rental

All is good again....I received a call from Jean, who responds to customer complains and she asked me what happened, I explained the details to her and she agreed with me that I should have been told of the increases in charges and agreed to go back to the original price quote and refund the overage charge. I am now waiting on a check. I take back 99% of what I said about the company and I do admit I should have read the papers handed to me before I initialed.

Ya gotta wonder if they are trained to do that to increase their managers numbers so he can make bonus.

Yeah, in the end it is your responsibility to read what you sign - I'm a firm believer of Caveat emptor - 'Buyer beware'. But it seems there is so much legal garbage in things anymore you'd need a entourage of lawyers with you everywhere you go.

EDIT: Oh, glad it worked out for ya.

Latest posts

Back