Cool Junkyard

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I rode along with a couple friends today and went to a junkyard I had heard about. Right in likestotinker (Matt's) backyard. What a cool hoard of old stuff. Gobs of 30s and 40s pickup cabs and parts, 50s and 60s stuff everywhere. Yes it's all for sale, no games. As I walked about I looked over and saw a pair of 33 Plymouth 5 window coupes and an Essex coupe, then a chopped 40 Ford coupe, 61 Belair 2 door, 64 Fairlane 2 door, 3 59 Elkys, 69 Firebird, 49 chevy sedan deliver, 63 Bonneville 3 deuce ragtop. Another 64 Fairlane factory 289 4 speed 4 door. Hudsons, GTOs, 57 Chevys. I even saw a 51 Olds with the steering wheel clock. He probably has 20-30 acres and several hundred cars plus lots of semi vans.
No, I don't plan to take pictures but if you come to Sturgis it is right beside the Buffalo Chip.

Funny thing is, with the hoards of old tin we have around here, hardly nobody ever gets one running to drive on the street. Most of the local car shows have like the same 25 cars in every one of them. I have heard there is a rat pickup here in town but I have never seen it.

Latest posts

Back