Ever start a build just from one small part???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Farm

Ol school snake charmer!
Spotted this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200545923149&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT on eBay and immediately envisioned an appliance repair shop truck with this topper on the license plate.........."Speedy's Appliance Repair"....I can see it now with an old Maytag two stroke in the bed along with a vintage appliance dolly and the accessories could go on and on:cool:

Got me to thinking, what is the smallest or oddest part that has ever evolved into a build for you? I have a factory two four intake for a 401-425 Buick that has hung on the wall in my shop for years and sometimes I look at it and imagine what I might build around it:D

I can't say that I've built a car around one part , but I do always look for neat little items to use down the road . I find myself always looking for different hood ornaments and old emblems .

This build started with a rare Stewart Warner "Police Special" speedometer...

attachment.php

police_500x496.jpg

Never really started a car build around one little part but all of my art pieces start that way. I find a piece that looks like a dogs nose or a ducks body and go with it. I'm collecting lots of old junk so I'm sure one of my bike builds will be sparked by one single part.

I`m building a bike using a small V twin motor that powered the APU (auxilary power unit) on a B29 Flying Fortress. I saw it on Ebay & could not resist bidding on it. I`m hoping the bike turns out sorta like an old board-track racer.

Latest posts

Back