Happy Earth Day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You don't have to be a "treehugger" to care about the environment!

"Only after the last tree has been cut down…the last river has been
poisoned…the last fish caught, only then will you find that money cannot be
eaten."
- Cree Indian Prophesy

I fully understand and respect what you are saying and none of which I state is anything personal toward you.

However, when the environment becomes more important than the people living in the environment. When we are possibly looking at $5.00 a gallon gas because the environment is more important than drilling for oil. When corn is grown for the mis-guided purpose of fuel instead of food.

When the EPA forces jobs overseas. When some tiny organism is more important than a dam that supply's reasonably priced electricity for working folks.

When people worship the environment instead of the one that created it. I get a bit cranky.

I fully understand and respect what you are saying and none of which I state is anything personal toward you.

However, when the environment becomes more important than the people living in the environment. When we are possibly looking at $5.00 a gallon gas because the environment is more important than drilling for oil. When corn is grown for the mis-guided purpose of fuel instead of food.

When the EPA forces jobs overseas. When some tiny organism is more important than a dam that supply's reasonably priced electricity for working folks.

When people worship the environment instead of the one that created it. I get a bit cranky.

AMEN.

Recycling is just plain common sense... helps the environment AND the economy. You can have a planet with no people but you can't have people and no planet.

However, in the words of George Carlin, humans are extremely egotistical when they think they can destroy the planet. It's been here for millions of years and if you think it won't fight back when it feels threatened...... well look at Louisiana, California, Haiti, Japan?:D

can i add to this "biblically" :eek:

there should be "environmental responsibility" -conserving resources, recycling if possible, and being "earth-friendly" is not neccesarily being a "tree-hugger"

however i do not believe in the new age worship of the planet or going extreme to the point of placing animals or trees ABOVE the value of human life... but humans can survive w/o alot of the things we think we cannot do without... rat rods are not that "environmentally friendly" when it comes to emissions but we have them because we WANT them...

by the way, God is ultimately in control and this earth will end one day whether we "preserve it" or not...-but that's not an excuse to waste it...

sorry i got long winded (it might be the preacher in me-lol)

happy earth day:eek::p

Latest posts

Back