Hello from the Hoosier state!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Eckert

I guess it's time to introduce myself.

So, I've had two things dominating my thought process lately. (OK, for quite a while now!) One is that I love drag racing and everything related to it (except the top fuel classes; they bore me), and two is the rat rod scene. A new thing that actually has been around for 20 years, recently reappeared on my radar. Drag and drive events. Google Hot Rod Drag Week, or Sick Week if they are unfamiliar terms. I wanted a competitive drag-and-drive car, and I wanted to build another rat rod. Like a lot of folks, the money isn't there to do both, so I'm combining the two ideas into one build!

I'm making a spreadsheet with part numbers and prices of things it will need. I plan on starting to buy parts around my birthday in December. That also coincides with the PRI show in my backyard of Indianapolis during my birthday week! I have the SFI chassis book, and this build will cert to 7.50 in the quarter mile, and have all the NHRA and IHRA requirements needed to compete at that level of E.T.......But LOOK like a rat rod. I do have fat and skinny Convo pro wheels already and a 400 trans and converter and rear end. I'm attaching a photo of the general look I'm after.

I'll start a build thread with links to my YouTube channel once I get closer to the actual start date. I'm currently healing from another total rebuild of my right leg from service-connected injuries. Hard to get around right now.

Mark
327451607_587301716060278_3406224357321845130_n.jpg

Welcome to rrr/uds from bama. I know how the leg stuff goes. My project has been on hold for a year solid due to infection in my left knee. Walking on a walker sux

Latest posts

Back