Hey, hey... we're The Monkees!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Staff member
Admin
Ok kats & kittens... Today in TV History: 1966 ~ "The Monkees" TV show had its premiere on American TV. Hey, hey we're The Monkees... haha!!! Who can ever forget this icon?!? :eek::eek::eek:

People say we Monkee around!!! :D

BoB

Attachments

• monkeemobil.jpg
    monkeemobil.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 46
We had a new station start here a few months ago that's all older shows and The Monkeys happen to be one of them. My 11 year old daughter has DVRed every episode and downloaded every album! [clShes in love with Davie Jones which is creepy considering hes dead but Id rather have that than her idolizing some untalented pop star of now adays. Their car is awesome too

growing up as a kid in houston i got to watch the monkey's and the banana splits, the green hornet, and batman. here's one for you tripper. do you remember kitirik carousel?

I couldn't wait to get home from school to watch that show. It was my favorite show. I always felt they didn't use the car enough in the show though :(

When I first saw the show and the car, I thought it was cool. Then later, when I saw a GTO like the car was based on, I thought WTF? Why screw up a nice car to get that? Barris had some goofy ideas.

The band was pretty good for the time. Too bad they couldn't get along off the set.....

growing up as a kid in houston i got to watch the monkey's and the banana splits, the green hornet, and batman. here's one for you tripper. do you remember kitirik carousel?

I knew the Kit Kat (she was beautiful & I had a big crush)... she lived in my neighborhood. So did Cadet Don if u remember him. She was a sweetheart! He was a... well... nevermind! :eek:

BoB

Tripper, we got to watch Cadet Don before school and Walt Disney on Sunday evenings. That was it for TV during the school year. Summertime was a little better. And that was on a 12" b&w TV with rabbit ears. How did we grow up without 16 hours of TV and computers every day??

I knew the Kit Kat (she was beautiful & I had a big crush)... she lived in my neighborhood. So did Cadet Don if u remember him. She was a sweetheart! He was a... well... nevermind! :eek:

BoB

I always wished I could be on her show, but never got to. I had heard things about don being a drunk, and a hateful man, but I never met him so I don't know what is true. seems like my mom knew kit kat, but I never got to. did you ever get to go swimming at gateway pool, it was the one that had a underwater room and a bouy in the middle? I think it was off of old spanish trail.

I never really watched those shows. In my youth, it was Engineer Bill, Sheriff John and Chuncho the birthday clown. Serials like Spin and Marty, Elefago Baca, Swamp Fox, etc.....

Latest posts

Back