Horn button?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

I'm trying to figure out this stupid universal horn button. Where do the wires hook up? Do I unscrew the two screws and use a ring terminal and if so which screw is which or does it matter? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I can't find anything on it. Here are some pics of what I have...

Photo047.jpg

Photo046.jpg

I believe one lead is hot in and the other is hot lead out [ to horn] Use a multi meter and check continuity between the two screws - then check it while pushing button down then check from the screw to the metal strap on the button.

It doesn't matter. Both terminals are hot - the button simply completes the circuit when you push it, sounding the horn. It grounds through the body, so mount it to some clean metal. Pretty simple...

I dont think thats a grounding switch. Its just a simple push momentary, The two swrews should make contact when button is pushed.If your using a horn relay then the wire off the relay that went up the column hooks to one screw and the other screw goes to ground. If no relay is used the power goes to one screw on button and the other goes to horn, be sure to fuse the wire.

Latest posts

Back