Jesse James' rat rod - $73K on sBay! Give me a break!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same car sold at Barrett Jackson for $ 40K some time ago, now the new owner figures he can make a "little" profit on it. :rolleyes:

Not sure what is up with Jesse, he is selling all his stuff off, even things he swore he would never part with. First, West Coast Choppers closed, then he started selling off his custom made tools, like his english wheel. Then he sold that 54 Chevy built by all the legends on the one episode of Monster Garage. He said he would take that car to the grave with him, so it is strange to see it being sold. Wonder if he still has that killer 50 Merc?

Not sure if it is financially motivated or what. He couldn't have been hurt too bad in the split with Sandra, she made more than him, and both probably had prenups. I heard he had to pay off some girls who made allegations against him of sexual harrassment, so maybe that figures in.

Very odd.

Don

To rich for me.
001.jpg

Jesse James & Monster Garage is no longer relevant so I think anybody including himself will never fetch "Fame Money" prices from his stuff now.

Now if he dies then there will be a frenzy of people wanting his stuff for a few months or even up to a year after. Just the nature of these things.

The car was sold at Barrett Jackson las Vegas last year for 40 something grand.
Great interior and some nice touches but nothing special.

sheesh. ok, i am selling the official skullworks build frankentruck for 100k! any takers! :D *sits back and waits for the cash to roll in*

A decent looking rod and the leatherwork is sweet. BUT the big thing is it's TV memorabilia. Who knows, The Brady Bunch station wagon might sell for just as much. :rolleyes:

Sure glad it's a NO RESERVE AUCTION!!!:rolleyes::D:D...Nice Ride but it ain't worth that much coin unless he's dead...and then maybe not....I think the price probably max't when it sold originally.

I hate to think he's in the downward spiral I've been in and seen friends go through.
for any variety of reasons your fault or not good times are a hard to come by and bad times have a momentum that's hard to overcome.

In spite of the deal with him and Sandra and a few jack-assed stunts(We wern't there and it ain't my business and he don't know me)... I like the guy (what I know of him) and look up to his talent and other stuff. I've watched his show and he has a keen quiet insight on people, a killer camera eye for a good photograph and generally treats people decent and has mad skillz.

Most of what we are is monkee-see-monkee-do I'm not talking about being a fanatic or having superheroes I'm talking about looking around and emulating what we think is cool...what we want to be.

I just sold off my 71 firebird project SR71BlackBird I've been working on for the last 20 years to make a few house payments.
My house isn't fancy, I could have gotten much more for half of what this place cost me in the city...
But.. it's close to family...
My friend Frenchy was a rodder and he lived in this house when he died, he used to work in this garage...I want to keep this place ya know?

I wanna see him rise up to something bigger and better, I hope seeing Jessie's stuff sold off is a sign of cooler things to come.

Latest posts

Back