just a fool in houston.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detroitboy27

I say fool because my parents think I'm nuts to what I've done to my cars.
I cut the roof of my s-10 3 months after it came of the showroom floor and daily drove it for 3 years, and put bags on my daily driver 87 cutlass( 64 K original miles) 4 months after I got it.

I've always wanted a 36 ford coupe since i was a kid and built the amt model, but the are extremly expensive IMO. So I stumbled apon a 37 dodge 4 door on craigs list. It has SBC 350, a 4 link in the rear and mustang II in the front, pretty solid body, 4 wheel disc brakes and a title, for 2800.00. To replace the cancer and roof metal for the chop, I found a 39 plymouth body/fenders/hood/4 doors for 500.00 on CL also. I hope to get started in the spring I know I'll probably have a few headaches being someone else's product.

I'll start off by saying this site is awsome, I have learned a bunch since I've been lurking the last month. I don't know how to weld yet and have books in the mail and the wife bought me some how to dvd's. I have read alot on this site. I gotta say Bonehead you are one smart dude. I took your advice and got a lincoln 180hd welder ( brandnew unopened for 400.00 on CL)

beware of pics below, they are some shiny cars:)

39921616_eeb616111159319720.jpg

059.jpg

040.jpg

That Dodge looks pretty sweet. As a fellow non-welder please let us know if those books were any help. Maybe now would be a good time for me to learn how to read books without pictures:D Some of the advice I have already got off this forum has been a ton of help and these guys and girls really do know their stuff. Welcome to the site

Welcome.......

Welcome to the site, nice rides you have there...
Enjoy your time here.. '22

thanks again guys, i plan on starting the dodge at the end spring. The new house has no garage, so we are building one come spring. I am very excited o get my garage, I will also be able to get my s-10 down here, since it has been in detroit for the last 3 years because i have had no where to keep it stored.

Welcome to RRR, detroitboy. Nice rides. Am looking forward to seeing your build on the Dodge when you get started.

Latest posts

Back