Look what people are scrapping

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley Davidson

This was brought in to the scrap yard today, has chop top almost completed, all parts are there in cab, supposedly runs. Wish I would have caught him before he got there. I can't swing it now that they have it. It will be at least .26 a pound if not a higher dollar figure.

chevy in junk yard.jpg

Greed seems to have really gotten hold of most people.They would scrap anything for a quick buck.
I do not think anyone could be in worse financial trouble than me.However I will not scrap my projects or parts.The money would quickly dissapear and then I would have nothing.
One day the economy will come back.And when it does I want to finish my projects.You know the old saying,
*There are things some people will not do for money?*
Scrapping cars and trucks is mine.I will not do it.
Detroit only made so many vehicles and when they are gone,our hobby dies.Thats the cold hard truth.And with high metal prices bringing out the greed in a lot of people it will not be long.
My estimate is 5-8 years,maybe less, and all old parts cars will be gone.And then our hobby is dead.
They cannot last very long at present rate of destruction.The truth hurts,but there it is,like it or not.:(
Save what you can.Thats all we can do.

Scrapping is the new big business...

There is probably 20 adds in the local paper from guys with trailers, pickups and tow trucks wanting to buy cars..... big money can be made and these clowns don't give a damn about the cars.... just the dollars... then you have the dirt bags that strip all the plumbing, and metal from foreclosed homes.... as far as I'm concerned, they should require a person to own a scrap business to take in scrap metal.... not that I like big brother getting involved with much else but every tom, dick and harry is hauling scrap to the dump without a thought as to what it is they are scrapping......

i scrap every day but not your usual stuff, I take more out of the scrap yard than I take in. Unfortunately I'm behind on bills (one anyway) so can't afford to save it right now. I'm going in tomorrow to see what they want for it and how long they will hold it for me. I have a job interview Fri. so maybe things wll pick up for me soon.

This was brought in to the scrap yard today, has chop top almost completed, all parts are there in cab, supposedly runs. Wish I would have caught him before he got there. I can't swing it now that they have it. It will be at least .26 a pound if not a higher dollar figure.

View attachment 54169

Lord have mercy, makes me wanna cry to see such a fine peice of iron go to the crusher.:(:(

Fortunately it has a stay of execution, they set it aside complete & will probably roll it out front to try and sell it for either a really fat price or .26 cents a pound.

then after a few months it will go to the crusher if it don't sell.

Its not only that but the fact that some states have tightened their belts so much on titling old cars that I think, like myself, you get stuck with either paying thousnds of dollars to jump through the states hoops or abort the project that nobody is gonna buy. Ill probly end up parting my 47 and scrapping it.

Its not only that but the fact that some states have tightened their belts so much on titling old cars that I think, like myself, you get stuck with either paying thousnds of dollars to jump through the states hoops or abort the project that nobody is gonna buy. Ill probly end up parting my 47 and scrapping it.

"Sell" it to a RRR member in a more title friendly state. Then "buy" it back after it's titled.

Sema is working on trying to save old cars going to the crushers its really unfortunate that these old American cars get crush, no one has pride anymore in anything anymore.

No offense meant to those who scrap

i scrap every day but not your usual stuff, I take more out of the scrap yard than I take in. Unfortunately I'm behind on bills (one anyway) so can't afford to save it right now. I'm going in tomorrow to see what they want for it and how long they will hold it for me. I have a job interview Fri. so maybe things wll pick up for me soon.

I probably came across a wee bit harsh.... not that I don't think that we shouldn't recycle..... I'm all for that.... I guess I'd like it to be a little more selective on what is recycled...... not sure if that smoothed it out or made it worse....

I'm Fuming

turns out the owner of the scrap yard is a hypocrite, says he's not in the biz of selling cars & is gonna bale it. But he will continue his "Flea Market' of other stuff he makes thousands on.

this truck runs, it was driven onto the trailer and is all there. the guy building it should be shot (after he heals from the castration) turns out his old lady was riding him hard about it and he just decided to scrap it, I will get his name and hopefully get him on a "Do not sell to him ever" list.

Here's more pics of the truck.
heartbreak.jpg

heartbreak1.jpg

heartbreak2.jpg

heartbreak3.jpg

heartbreak4.jpg

heartbreak5.jpg

scrap

My shop is just around the corner from a scrap place, and I see cars and trucks being drug up the street everyday, I have 12 now I can't save them all, it sucks that this is happening.
Hey Sam Fear, do you live in one of those easy states, and if so, if I "sell" you my chevy with an orignal title from 1931, how much will you "sell" it back to me for ???? Hmmmmm can you say, side business !!!! "buying and selling" ;)

Depends om what your scrapping. Front wheel drive stuff don't count and i hope to never see one rodded unless it's got a rear wheel drive axle in the back

Latest posts

Back