My 36 Dodge pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Hope this works, a few pics of my in progress 36 Dodge pickup on a mid 80's Toyota pickup frame. I bought the truck as a project already started by someone else. The cab subframe was welded, or should I say bubble gummed to the frame. I cut that crap off and moved the cab back about a foot for better porportions, long hood, shorter bed.

100_0525.jpg

The day I got it home.

100_0747.jpg

After moving the cab back

100_0748.jpg

Front end, going to use coil overs instead of the torsion bars. Would like to find a rack and pinion that will work with the Toyota spindels

100_0770.jpg

Corvette buckets

I have a Ford 302 and AOD planned for it with a Ranger 8.8 rear. I'm planning on keeping the IFS, but don't like the way the steering box sits on the front framerail. I'd like to find a rack and pinion that would work with the Toyota stuff. I want a good driver, and the ride is important, too.

Back tires are gonna go, too small and short. Will probably run a 275-60-15 on back.

Skull, I just saw the tribute to your son, I think that's great. I lost my 20 year old baby boy in a car accident in 2008. I still have his 82 Ford stepside that he started making a rod out of. I plan on doing it the way he would have wanted, flat black with flames, Mexican blanket seats, etc. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet, but when the time is right I will. Loosing a child is something a parent should never have to do.

Wow, been a while since I updated this thread, but haven't really been much going on anyway. I found a boat gas tank I'll probably use, might have to cut it down a bit to clear the differential, but that's a job for later.

I happen to notice a couple of trunk lids I had saved off of a Maverick parts car today. I was going to move them, then the size and shape hit me. They looked like they might fit, yes, perfect bedsides!
009.jpg

007.jpg

Look at that taper at the top! Perfect!
019.jpg

005.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, wife has the good camera today to go to a baby shower.

I know the tires are against the sides, when I get the 2" wider ranger rear installed that will help a lot, plus there are brackets on the outside of the frame I am going to shave off and move to the inside of the frame.

017.jpg

013.jpg

I'm also going to a taller tire. Those are just way too short, a taller tire will fill out the side much better.

Now I just need to get all my other stuff outta the way so I can get back onto the Dodge!

Well I dig the wheel selection!!! Don't know how I missed this way back when it started! Any how the seats ought to be neat too. You going to get them recovered??

Thanks! The wheels were on the truck when I bought it. I may end up buying two new ones for the rear, I'd like to have 15 X 10's with a deep dish. Those are 15 X 8's on the rear now. I covered them with wax to protect them for now, that's why they are white looking.

As for the seats, yes I plan on recovering them. Vette seats are real easy to cover, probably a lot easier than most. I can get new covers from any Vette supply. I will be going with the black vinyl covers, the leather looks nice but it's pricy!:D

Latest posts

Back