My new hat for Lone Star Roundup!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Staff member
Admin
I love the internet! My wife will shop for hours on end & come home with just a few items! Me... I usually know exactly what I want... go get it & leave but the internet has really changed all that for me! I wanted a new hat for Lone Star Roundup because the 1st couple of years I got sunburned like a dog & my poor thinning hairs were no match for the blazing Tejas sun. So I decided to look online for a new hat. I searched the Goog for 'Newsboy Caps' & didn't really find what I was lookin' for! THEN... I logged on to the Triple R & lo & behold the top banner was an ad for hats (yes... the Goog is watching) so I thought I'd check it out! Dang... it was a kool hat company & they were 1/2 what I'd been paying here in the city. Didn't even have to leave home... gotta love it!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• bbbbb.jpg
    bbbbb.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 50
That's you Bob :D. I remember back in the 70's, there were lots of those style hats worn at the rod runs and such, only they were white, or denim, or leather, or velvet, or ???. My son found an original example from the 30's or 40's at a local thrift store for cheap. He wears it sometimes.

Is that a hat?, looks like a water bottle[ddev, the type you heat up and put on an ouchy, of course I guess you cold put cold water in it. Tejas, and no cowboy hat?

Cool hat but I prefer a Fedora. :cool:

Got several! :D

I remember back in the 70's, there were lots of those style hats worn at the rod runs.

All the hoods wore 'um! :eek:

Is that a hat?, looks like a water bottle[ddev, the type you heat up and put on an ouchy, of course I guess you cold put cold water in it. Tejas, and no cowboy hat?

Yeah... water bottle cap's great to keep the sun off u're ears! Got a few cowboy hats too but they're not really big in the hoodlum crowd! :eek:[ddd:D

BoB

Hard to keep a Mexican Palm Gus hat on when you drive a roadster.

W3,
Tell me about it!!! I got so sunburned drivin' the ol Daytripper around I've decided on cars with tops for a while. Not rulin' out roadsters again but the next one I have will definitely have a folding top! :eek::D

BoB

Latest posts

Back