need a spring perch wedge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
Got the usual transverse spring on the front of a roadster. Need a wedge under the perch to correct the castor. I can find wedges for pinion angle on parallel springs but that's all. Tried Speedway, Summit and google so far. Thanks

Block of aluminum and a grinder? Better yet, metal cutting bandsaw?
I made a shim for my rear springs with a grinder. Took a minute, but worked good.

I've never seen one for a transverse leaf. Usually, if your spring crossmember isn't the right angle to get enough caster, you could use swivel spring perches to get enough angle without spring bind. All my caster adjustment on my front axle comes from my hairpins. Without seeing your setup, it's hard to imagine that an angled shim would solve your problem.

Are the bars not adjustable at all?

Very little thread available Sno. If i get back to it i will go with adjustable perches. Right now i am on to replacing and fitting a different type of master under the floor. Thanks to Speedway info the mason jar type it has is not compatible with the front discs. Both of the previous owners could not have driven more than a short distance before locking up. My test drive was a little too short! So that accounts for the bargain price. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back