New From Boise, Idaho area

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbmills

Hello, everyone. Rod here, I stumbled across this forum while looking for ideas for a '36 Chevy pickup I aquired in Nov. I have been watching the build at the link included for the last couple months, and am fully impressed. Have to addmit, I am more of a drag racer, retoration and street rod nut, but the Rat Rod community has to be on the cutting edge of customs. The latest and greatest, if you will. I grew up in Montana and caught the automotive bug at an early age, not sure when, just always had it. My Uncle and father ran a 1/4 mile drag strip called Hustlers Dragway in the town of Glendive for ~25 years (closed in '83). My wife and I currently have an '85 and an'86 Monte Carlo SS, the '85 being stock with 53K miles and the '86 being heavily modified with a BBC 454 and 60K miles (street car that runs mid 11's, owned for 18 years). Current project is a '79 Z-28 Camaro (owned for 15 years) with a ZZ4 power plant, slated to be completed this summer. Also have a stock original '70 Chevy short box 4X4, rough, but definately has potential. Once the Camaro is complete, it's on to the '36, and I'm having a hard time waiting. The '36 is stock original, missing only the headlight bezels and the tailgate. I personally know the last 2 owners dating back to before '73, and have that title in hand. December 29th, 1988, I actually trailed the truck to the place it now sits (for the last 22 years). Odd hows some things come full circle. I do all my own work, welding, body and paint, engines, etc....(expect automatic tranny's), this allows me to get more for the money. Anyways, I'm new to the forum thing, so please be patient. Hope to get some really good ideas, and hopefully be able contributes some as well. Thank you.

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9479&page=47

Attachments

• 100_1874.jpg
    100_1874.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 100_1877.jpg
    100_1877.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 100_1878.jpg
    100_1878.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 7
Welcome,
cool projects. camaro motor can go in truck, balance of car can serve as donor for small parts, two project's done at once.
keep us posted

Thanks, truck will more than likely get a '93 LT1 EFI, and have a donor 75 Camaro for all small parts. Still have two project.

I love that truck! Do you know about Hopkin's auto salvage in Middleton? They may have any small parts you need for a reasonable price.

Thanks for all the welcomes.

I've never heard of Hopkin's auto salvage, before. And I thought I knew were most of the yards were in the Valley. I will definately check them out. Thanks for the lead. Don't need much, but what I do will be hard to find.

Latest posts

Back