new guy from downunder...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

23crate

Staff member
hi all..

Al from New Zealand..

I found this site so thought I jump in for fun, make a few friends, get advice and thoughts and ideas.
yep I plan to hijack the good ones for my own project !!

which is a 22-23 dodge biz coupe .. unfortunately some savage has hacked of the rear end,, so aside from modernising most of the mechanicals, new chassis/frame and lowering the roof substantially..... o and the thing will be fenderless

ive got an extensive rebuild going on .....

hope the pic works ?

AL the crate

crates coupe

finally figured that bit out ....

Attachments

• dodge 1.jpg
    dodge 1.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 26
  • dodge 2.jpg
    dodge 2.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 29
  • dodge 3.jpg
    dodge 3.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 25
yikes!
looking at what you are starting with reminds me of what i started with :rolleyes:

almost a blank canvas.
but on the bright side
you can do ANYTHING when you start with nothing but a cab.
i sure like those rear rims

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta, Canada. You will have lots of fun building this one, lots and lots of fun.
A friend of mine brought home a '27 Hudson coupe also with no back end, so he grafted on a Model A Ford roadster back end on it. Most of it turned out nicely except one of the belt-line reveals doesn't match up so he will have to do some panel beating. Maybe this idea will work for you. Good Luck and keep on tinkering.

Welcome from Florida! Don't get discouraged by what you started with. Be encouraged by what you can make of it...

thanks All...

im really excited by this project .and have a clear picture in my mind of a finished beastie..

Mercury Mac yes the thought has crossed my mind, id rather re coupe it than truck it,, will keep yous posted.

Bruno, off course I must have had several test drives by now.... to check roof chop height ,, and id say it would be a very smooth ride. climbing all over it and measuring stuff, its like bouncing on a trampoline gently....

picked a nice gas tank for $30 , and im in the process of folding up new floor rails, and seat frame/ base ..

next will be the chassis / frame.. will get some pics here once Ive dragged the new stuff home.....

Welcome to the RRR from the rusty northeast! I like the tub you are starting with....[P

Latest posts

Back