Newbie from Florida

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candbrodz

Hello all!..Let me first say, this site is awsome!..I have found some really great build threads, and see that all the folks on here are NOT full of the drama and critisism that I have seen on other sites...I applaud you all for this, and my hats off to the site owner for such great moderation, but i guess when ya have good people on the site, moderation really isnt something ya have to worry about.

Names christopher....Iam new to the Rat Rod lifestyle..but have been into building hot rods and pro-street cars for years. I come from a family of Top fuel racers and have been building top fuel chassis with my dad since i was a young buck. Went pretty far with it all, done the super chevy tour, met some really great folks and had things in the right direction..BUT as fate would decide..marrige, kids, and then divorce..it all came to a stop. Well, years later I started all over again, built a few pro-street rides, did my thing at the dragstrip again and then got bored..seemed like it was still the same crowd, same whos better, same more money the faster, and STILL THE SAME OUTCOME..broke and not having real fun.
so the cars went, and the shop set vacant except for the last thing i built which was my wifes jeep...had not had the desire to begin anything for along time.
WELL..here it is: My son finally moved down to Fl with me.. ( after 9 yrs).17 yrs old and full of I WANT TO BUILD A HOT ROD DAD demands..lol

With his kick in the a$$ and all my drive started to come back..only this time its in a completely diffrent direction..we want to build rat rods..so we have started our first build. 1953 ford F100
Now I am completely new to all this stuff, but pretty good at figureing things out..so I think we can do this ...lol[cl
we have shortened the bed to 54 inches, sectioned and widen the rear fenders and have the truck sitting on a 1993 s10 chassis...still got lots of stuff to do, but have found I have had more fun with this truck then anything I have done..i guess its because its something totally diffrent, and Iam realizing it doesnt have to be an 8 second car to tickle ya insides ..or a 4 second top fuel car to get the blood screaming..ya know?
this lil truck is powered by a 283ci chevy with 202 valves, and a nice lil 510 lift camshaft for a super nice thump..
currantly we are running 31x18.5 M/T sportsmans on the rear has adjustable coilover rear susp and 4 linked..IKNOW IKNOW..that racer stuff..but old habbits are somewhat hard to break..lmao
the cab has the roof cut off and is in roadster style, but still along way from being done...I hope to finish this truck and we can sell it to start our real project..1931 coupe..thats what we want badly..and if the $$$ is right from the sale of this truck..I hope we can start on one in the next few months.

I hope to be with ya'lls site a long time, as I see there are some really good builders on here..and i think both my son and myself will take advantage of the things we can learn from the peoples on here. Thank you for letting us into your family.

Respectfully,
Chris and Brandon

Welcome fellow Floridian! The site is great and the people here are even better! What part of Florida are you from?

Get some pictures posted of your truck when you can.

-Troy

Thanks Troy,
We are from the gainesville area..where you from?

We will get some pics up soon as we can, but remember..lmao..this is our first build..hahaha be easy on us!...LMAO

I'm in St. Pete. Go Gators! Don't have to worry about posting pictures...the only thing that we really judge around here is that it's safe for the roads!

Hi Chris,
Glad you and your Son found your way here [cl
These folks round here give their opinions with respect and love the father son projects with lots of pics [dr

Jim

Welcome aboard! It's great that you guys are doing a father / son build [cl
Feel free to check out my build thread but don't expect to learn anything from it :eek::eek:
Post up some pics of the truck when you can. [P[P

Great Intro.

Welcome from Webster,Fla just down I75. The 1st fall Sumter swapmeet is this weekend.Good show and lots of good finds at descent prices.:cool:

Wow!..thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the site!..we really appreciate it!...like i said, i will get some pics up as soon as i can..actually we are looking into a 36 ford pick up as well..lol..i guess this is an addiction..haha
hopefully tonight sometime i can get the pics up as well.

Latest posts

Back