newbie from Minnesota

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whyworry

Hello all, just another old guy from Minnesota.[P
I've been foolin with just about anything that runs on gas( expect things with wings )since I was 13 -- that would be 1962 --. always seemed to see things in a different light than others, maybe thats why I find the rat rod thing so appealing . Really got the bug about 4 yrs a go . Had finished rebuilding a previous project I built in 1980 ( 1972 Vega sw 4x4) when I mentioned I thought rat rods were kinda neat to a couple of my buddies -- yeah you'll never do that -- so I said if I come across a old Willys p/u I think that would make a real cool Hill Billy hot rod. Fast forward -- 1947 willys p/u tin setting on a 1987 S10 2wd frame powered by 1978 Lincoln 460 engine & tranny.
Yup its setting in my buddies shop & I'm heading over to put some 3" lowering blocks under it this morning .
I've been read this forum for a while & though it was time to join -- so there ya have a little info on me .
By the way I did read a little about photo album but don't seem to find out how to create a album & post photos to it-- any words of advise ??[S Thanks

Welcome to the site :)
We love pics around here [dr
The pic thing is done with the Manage Attachment bar below this text box. Click on it browse to where the pics are, click on the pic, click on upload and the pic will show in the bottom of the text box.
If you receive an error message or token missing, it's usually because the pics are too large and you'll need to resize them before uploading.

Here's the result

Attachments

• North End of the barn3 (Medium).jpg
    North End of the barn3 (Medium).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 38
Large photos are best done by a hosting site like photobucket. You upload your pics there, and copy and paste the IMG line into your text here.

Welcome to the site.

Welcome, I'd start a build thread in the builds section, then do as described above and add your pictures into it.

Sounds like a beast of a truck!

Welcome to RRR

thanks for the help Old Iron --thanks for the replies all.
I'll see if I can get ya some pics ...:eek:
Well guess we'll see if a couple pics show up [S

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Willys rat rod 006.jpg
    Willys rat rod 006.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 14
guess it worked. Willy looks a little different now, went from 24"tall tires to 31"s the 3.73 gears were a little to deep with the auto trans. and now it's sitting a little taller in the frt.(new springs) & the rear came down after 3" lowering blocks were installed this morning . Glad the pic. think worked ...yeah !!

Latest posts

Back