polarizing my 6 volt pos grnd

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rev Tex Devlle

He's workin' 4 da Lord, in a '46 Ford!
:confused:well guys as yopu know i sold the truck, and i was sad to see it go, but now i have consoled myself with the purchase of a complete original 1952 pontiac cheiftain, and everything works, runs and drives, i had thought of pulling the straight 8 out, and doing a convert, but after driving this thing home, well its to nice !!! anyway anyone know where to find some info on this car! i need to polarize the gennie and figure the lights!

rhe old radio in it still works dome light dash lights, this car is complete !

To polarize the generator, take a jumper wire and touch it across the battery terminal and the charge terminal of the regulator. Just touch it, don't hold it there, you should just get a quick spark and thats it, nothing more required. Don't touch the field with the jumper. If it won't charge after that, check for a stuck gen. brush, (or worn out) dirty commutator, or bad regulator, (stuck points). Or the obvious bad/broken wire. Tractor forums are a great place to get info on generators/charging, they were still using them long after the automotive trade went to alt. I have some of my old manuals and books on the subject, would have to go on a major hunt to find it/them, if you still have problems, give me a shout, I'll go looking. Sniper

To polarize the generator, take a jumper wire and touch it across the battery terminal and the charge terminal of the regulator. Just touch it, don't hold it there, you should just get a quick spark and thats it, nothing more required. Don't touch the field with the jumper. If it won't charge after that, check for a stuck gen. brush, (or worn out) dirty commutator, or bad regulator, (stuck points). Or the obvious bad/broken wire. Tractor forums are a great place to get info on generators/charging, they were still using them long after the automotive trade went to alt. I have some of my old manuals and books on the subject, would have to go on a major hunt to find it/them, if you still have problems, give me a shout, I'll go looking. Sniper

hey thanks.. after i posted it i found a tractor forum!! and did it and its charging!

Latest posts

Back