Rat from Nevada

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenchy

Banned
I have decided to build my first rat rod out of a 1960 Renault Caravelle convertible, 40 horsepower rear engine, just like the one Bridgette Bardot owned.

It is 51 years old and due to parts being impossible to find, I have an idea to make it a basic black sheep in wolf's clothing chick car.

Hope to get some pointers here to nudge me along this new path, in the past I built mostly VW and Jeep off-road vehicles.

Thanks, I'm gonna go sand on it, now....

Welcome to RRR! How about a few pics?

2qcjex5.jpg

xdckfl.jpg

331k7lz.jpg

It needed fuel pump and brake work, now on to body repair, has a lot of putty and cracked paint, I haven't decided whether to keep all the trim or sell to highest bid later, but its gotta come off anyway regardless, no rust just bad paint job.

Welcome. I think it needs a front engine V8, don't you? I like the body style, all it needs is about 8 times the factory horsepower at least.

that will never happen, it will stay bone stock, 40 mpg, 3 speed manual, drum brakes, 1/4 mile et? give me a minute![;)

by the time I get the old paint and stuff off it will weigh in at 1600 pounds, topless of course:D

Latest posts

Back