Wiring diagrams

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgo70

Just wondering if anyone would have some wiring diagrams for a SBC with:

one wire Alt.
Starter-two big lugs one small
HEI-red, yellow, and black wires

Anything else such as pressure senders etc. This is taking me too long to figure out.

Thanks,
Sean

hope this comes out large enough....
schem2.jpg

Thanks T,

I was confused by my HEI having three wires coming out of it and only two in the harness going into it. Turns out I didn't realize the plug just goes to the cap:eek:. It has two other slots for tach and switched power.

I'm still not positive which side of my solenoid is the hot battery side, I think it's the one without the wire going to the starter.

Sean

Attachments

• P1210782.JPG
    P1210782.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 24
  • P1210784.JPG
    P1210784.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 31
Just wondering if anyone would have some wiring diagrams for a SBC with:

one wire Alt.
Starter-two big lugs one small
HEI-red, yellow, and black wires

Anything else such as pressure senders etc. This is taking me too long to figure out.

Thanks,
Sean

Pressure sender will go directly to the gages themselves.None will go to the fuse panel.Most gages need thre wires to run.One wire for power to the light bulb.One from the sender and one ground.

Alt goes to the big lug on the starter that has 12 volts to it.

The small lug is for the key start wire.The large one is for the battery wire from the battery.

That plug does go right into the cap.

On the side of the cap.There will be that little box that you can see.One side is for Tach.The other is BATT for 12 Volts Positive when the key is in the on positon.

You must run a Number 10 gage wire to the BATT side of that cap or it will not fire.

All you need to use is the one wire going to the BATT side of the cap and you should be just fine.

If you need any other info I will be glad to help you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back