turbo 350 question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

59imp

when i mash the gas to the floor, and the tranny in drive, my engine will rev to about 6000 rpm in first, then shift to second and third real quick, bogging the engine down, the kickdown cable is unhooked if that makes any difference. any reason why it won't stay in second and build rpm before it goes to third??

the transmission seems to work fine if i shift manually......

oh ya it has a B&M stage II shift kit and a 2400 stall converter

thanks.....

Last edited:
Are you manually holding the shifter in each gear? If you have a shift kit it should stay in that gear. If you're leaving it in drive it will shift automatically when a certain RPM is achieved. The kickdown cable isn't hooked up on mine and it makes no difference.............CR

i have seen many run a trans w/o having the cable hooked up, but i think a well adjusted kick-down cable would alleviate your problem

i believe that cable controls shift points according to throttle position, as well as the passing gear kick down

as far as my own experience, the 350/350 in my 46 seemed to be ok, but was def. improved as far as firmness of shifts after hooking up my kick-down cable--it'll scratch a second gear shift now....:D

I will second that motion on good vacuum to the Modulator Valve.

Keep in mind that the Modulator Valve may need to be adjusted.

The "Cable" is hooked up to the throttle valve, this controls the trans line pressure, GM calls it a TV cable. When properly connected to the carb linkage it will change the trans line pressure as the engine load changes, it also works along with the Gov Valve & Vac Modulator. You will need all three to have a TB 350 shift properly.

Latest posts

Back