My first build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think?

• Total voters

lemdon

Met Bob today at the carshow in Rosenberg. That's one kick butt car you were showing Bob. Since everyone is showing off there awesome rides thought I would put my first build up for review. Its not a rat rod so go easy on it. I've learned the hard way that paint costs way too much so my next build will be bare. I also learned from this build that the aftermarket parts are not cheap, sometimes there may be no need to re-invent the wheel.....visit a junk yard!
Started with a Kraftech frame (1" stretch in back bone, raked 38 degrees), 100" revtech engine, 6 spd revtech tranny, 6'' over forks, 21'' front, 250 rear. LAF swan pipes (Loud as ....). The only thing that the photos don't show are the floating rear fender that I welded on and the seat. I finished it the day before Sturgis and rode it there. Funny story....Day 1 of Sturgis i'm on main street moving an inch a minute and those pipes started my right pants leg on fire, i've never had to move soo fast! Anyways I love the bike, but at Sturgis it got a small nick in the paint and it was at that point that I learned paint is a waste of money! Now that I'm in Houston I don't think it will see much action....crazy drivers around these parts. After building a 23' t-bucket with my step dad I got the itch to start on a project with 4 wheels. I'm new to the art and just hoping to learn from everyone on this site. Enjoy the pics & let me know what you think.

Attachments

• custombike5.jpg
    custombike5.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 61
  • custombike2.jpg
    custombike2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 58
  • it took me this long to build.jpg
    it took me this long to build.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 62
  • gotta love wiring.jpg
    gotta love wiring.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 44
  • mockup1.jpg
    mockup1.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Welcome!!!

Lemdon,
Welcome to the forum & it was nice meeting you & u're buddy today. Wish i had used a little more sunscreen! Hope to see you @ Nifty 50's soon... u'll like it... great show! Autorama's comin' up over the Thanksgiving weekend too & is a pretty good show that is well attended! MAke u're self @ home & feel free to join rat in!!!

BoB

Lemdon,
Really nice bike, how long did it take you?

ISore

Hi there ISore. Thanks for the compliment. It took me about 5 months at approx 20 hrs per week. I was learning alot so things moved along pretty slowly. I'm from SD so it was a great way to beat the winter blues.

Very Nice !!!

Damn nice bike, Lemdon. :cool:
Great lines, and glad to hear you put a rear fender on. :eek:
I learned the "paint lesson" on my last bike, many years ago,
stopped riding for the same reason you brought up
(crazy people in Los Angeles). :rolleyes:
Welcome to the site, looking forward to your next project. '22

Damn nice bike, Lemdon. :cool:
Great lines, and glad to hear you put a rear fender on. :eek:
I learned the "paint lesson" on my last bike, many years ago,
stopped riding for the same reason you brought up
(crazy people in Los Angeles). :rolleyes:
Welcome to the site, looking forward to your next project. '22

Thanks,
I checked out your 22 dodge on your link, thats pretty cool. I like the lines of it, straight and to the point. Do you have any projects going on right now?

Thanks........

Thanks,
I checked out your 22 dodge on your link, thats pretty cool. I like the lines of it, straight and to the point. Do you have any projects going on right now?

Thanks, actually the 22 Dodge is still in the finishing stages.
With a move to Nevada 5 months ago and overseas work schedule,
I haven't had time to wrap things up yet..... but soon I hope..
The 22 shares garage space with my 1920 Ford TT truck. '22

Latest posts

Back