1927 Tall T coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DozerII

Hey everyone, this is one of the projects that's been consuming all my retirement time. It came to me for a little bit of metal fabrication work over 3 months ago. A little cash under the table the Gooberment doesn't have to know about. It was supposed to be build a firewall and trans tunnel, but found we had to move the engine and trans mounts up 1.5" before anything else. Its'got a 454 turbo 400 dyno'd at 520 wheel HP on the car it came out of. So I build the firewall, trans tunnel, in floor battery and storage box behind the seat, trunk deck rear interior sheet metal, moved the fuel tank into the trunk, installed the cowl vent from a early 40's Chev pickup after I narrowed it 4 inches, installed a 1930 Chev dash, new steering column, built custom side pipes, and the list goes on.

Here's a few pics it's all on youtube if your interested.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 004.jpg
    Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 004.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 005.jpg
    Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 005.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 006.jpg
    Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 006.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 41
  • Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 007.jpg
    Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 007.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 008.jpg
    Resize of 1927 Tall T coupe #13 008.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
I`m never a fan of the radiator sitting higher than the cowl, but somehow it doesn`t bother me too much on this one [S

Right
To each their own. That's why lookin at hot rods is never boring

You bet

I`m never a fan of the radiator sitting higher than the cowl, but somehow it doesn`t bother me too much on this one [S

It was one of the things I had a hard time with as well, but there was no way to get it any lower without modifying the frame and he didn't want to to that.

I like the chevy dash. If I've ever seen that done before....I didn't realize what I was looking at.[/QUOTE

Me too, when he brought me the dash I liked it right away.

Usually bugs me, but this one gets buy with it pretty good since it’s not stupid tall. Most folks shorten them, but you lose cooling capacity when you do that. I’d rather have good cooling than cool looks.

Whole car looks the part.[cl Great work as always Glen!

Looking good!! 👍

Thank You

Usually bugs me, but this one gets buy with it pretty good since it’s not stupid tall. Most folks shorten them, but you lose cooling capacity when you do that. I’d rather have good cooling than cool looks.

Whole car looks the part.[cl Great work as always Glen!

Thanks Bama, I did section the grill shell 4.5"s to get it where it is now.

Latest posts

Back