around the shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a unique build right there.... Excellent craftsmanship!

been finishing up a few smaller projects around the shop.
worked on making another door skin pattern for the Packard Darrin project. door skin to come soon

got a batch of production parts made for a local automotive shop cut and machined ( please keep us in mind for all your plasma cutting needs!!!!)

needed some extra floor space so sent my dragster to the ceiling for a while

also tied up a ton of small loose ends on the Pope RPU bed. the bed is done minus the actual floor, made the aluminum tailgate with custom script. made extended aprons from aluminum and worked on the last couple filler pieces on the bed. started to make some good head way on this one. just need to get the correct wheels and tires on it for the total look

a little more progress on the Pope RPU
made an adapter to run a stock model A steering wheel with a quick release hub

bent up and dimpled some bed supports/ risers. got them clamped in

and started making the aluminum version of the 30-31 commercial truck grill shell

my computer crashed last week so i have not been able to put up any updates on stuff. so here they are
rolled the Pope RPU out side for a good distance look. still waiting on the front wire wheels to come back from cleaning, so we used some steelies to roll it around

started on the 4 piece aluminum hood, all hand made in the shop, hand rolled hinges

still needs some fine tuning and trimming
worked on designing some universal pedal assemblies

some metal work on the hood of the C-10. pancaked 1.5 inches, and front edge stretched 2 inches

also go the "Larkness Monster" in for some sheetmetal work on the fire wall and trans tunnel

How do those long louvers hold up in light gauge aluminum?

They look nice. All this show looks great, actually.

I'd give my left nut to be able to weld like that.
I don't need it but I could sure use the welding ability.
Really nice work!!!!!!!!!

How do those long louvers hold up in light gauge aluminum?

they should hold up pretty well. the material is not all that thin compared to some of the other sheet metal. the hood is .063.
They look nice. All this show looks great, actually.

just WOW! Your metal work makes me want to find a flag pole to raise the white flag!

I'd give my left nut to be able to weld like that.
I don't need it but I could sure use the welding ability.
Really nice work!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys

Latest posts

Back