around the shop

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
today i started getting all the little bits on the Minges coupe ready for the chrome shop. so i am doing screen windows on the front backing plates. here i am laying out the design

then got one side half way done. made up some plates that will go on the back side to clamp the screen to the backing plate.

one down one to go

plated the steering arm to give it more strength and some style ( these plates are available for sale fort any one intersted)

Really liking that look, will be sending my steering arm to you in a week or so to do mine. Also need a receipt for my frame that I forgot to get to help with the licensing process.

this week i am building a custom tube frame for a super low 1930 ford pick up. designed the front rails in CAD and cut them out on the CNC plasma table. material is 3/16 as well as the tubing.

all welded up and smoothed out

cut, and beveled the tubing. nice tight gaps make life easy

the rails all laid out, ready to be turned into a frame

didnt get any pics until later in the day. but here is all tacked up, and some welding done. front end mocked up. made some bolt in wishbone mounts, have 7* tapered bung welded to the inside of the bracket.

got the steering mocked up

Sweet as always.

But I gotta ask - do you have elves or someone to do all the blending, finishing, bead blasting? The blending on the motor mount is amazing.

Thanks for showing us.

Awesome work as always Mike! DJ raises a good point....what kind of help do you have in the shop now?
Also, are you going to have an open house again this year? I'd love to make it up there sometime. I finally started following you on Instagram so I can get my "Cornfield Fix" more often. :eek::D

i am still alone in the shop. i have been trying to find some one to hire to help out with the crazy amount of work i have backed up. but i have not been able to find anyone who is either willing to work, learn, listen, or show up. never thought it would be this hard to find some one worth a damn

Excellent work... really like the motor mount...!

If I were closer I'd help out!!! I'd love to learn some more skills

Latest posts

Back