Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting box smallfoot.
People forget that the servicars were designed to be used by parking meter cops. Delivery people. ect. I have even seen pics of the early ones that were used as tow vehicles for garages.
Around town sort of stuff not a highway set up. Very cool though.
Torchie

Attachments

• TedHector.jpg
    TedHector.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
A good buddy of mine has done some amazing things with Harley 45 engines - including several land speed records at Bonneville with a best of 120.142 mph. I'm hoping you'll enjoy these videos of the bike and their adventures at the salt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsipTDhSq9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRzfGkr8avY

and a magazine article he was featured in

http://www.sportsnet.ca/magazine/land-speed-record/

sc5080, I appreciate the try for videos and article on sportsnet. I'm unable to open those but I hope everybody else can see them. I've seen some things done to them too. A friend used to race them in the vintage dirt flat tracks around here. They can certainly make more out of them than what I have. :D

I used to drift mine thru some s turns where i lived in MO. No box, just sitting in the frame. Old and hard tires had no grip. :D
Oh yeah my bud had one as well. I took it for a spin up and down the street. It had a car battery below where the seat used to be. That was held down with baling wire and a oily rag on top for comfort. :rolleyes: So the wire shorted the battery, the rag caught fire, pants caught fire going past my friends at about 30 mph . No phone cameras then but you get the picture. :D

I used to drift mine thru some s turns where i lived in MO. No box, just sitting in the frame. Old and hard tires had no grip. :D
Oh yeah my bud had one as well. I took it for a spin up and down the street. It had a car battery below where the seat used to be. That was held down with baling wire and a oily rag on top for comfort. :rolleyes: So the wire shorted the battery, the rag caught fire, pants caught fire going past my friends at about 30 mph . No phone cameras then but you get the picture. :D

That's ok at speed for a while. Ya just don't want to slow down...:D

Rat inspector

Was walking into the barn to take the 31 for a spin and noticed there was a serious rat inspection going on...:D

I cruised out by the river...

ai dont care much for snakes , They are to hard to tell what kind it is around my house.. they say a water snake looks like a moccasin , I say they are all moccasins , if they are at my house or shed i'll do my best to kill them .. copper heads are hear also ,, they will die if I can get to them ... rat snakes if I can identify them are safe ,, shinny black snakes are safe , but a dark brownish or grayish black snake has got to go ... they are too close as far as looks and they all seem to flare there head... sorry . My brother got bit 2 times on the thumb... by a copper head last year , after a 3 day stay at hospital (ICU) he was released . thankfully the anti-venum worked..

coper head.jpg

coper head h.jpg

Dem crazy asians...

Ever since thursday night pool shoot, I've been troubleshooting a brake light problem. When I placed these lights on the truck originally, I had them both wired the same but the filaments would light up differently, so I swapped a wire to correct what I thought was just a factory wiring error in colors. When I was leaving the party the other night, somebody noticed my brake lights weren't working. Everything else was and I went on home. I've been over, under, around and through for the last couple of days and this is what I found today. These are the sockets that came with my teardrop lights. They are both tail light and brake light setups for 1157 bulbs. Look carefully and you'll see that the socket itself is for a single filament bulb like a 1156. The contact plates in the bottom are both double contact which is correct for 1157, However, check the pin tracks on the socket. 1157 bulbs have one high and one low holding pins and have to fit the pin tracks to keep the bulb positioned right. Both of these sockets have long pin tracks on both sides. You can put a 1157 bulb in it but they never sit true. Contacts on the bottom only line up once in a while too....jeesh, lots of concrete crawlin trying to figure that out. All my troubleshooting kept finding everything good where I thought I might have problems. Power to brake switch...check...check switch connector...check..wire from switch to lights...check... I had my meter on the contacts to check that and operated the brakes making the switch work the meter...check...stuff like this makes me feel like a monkey trying to make love to a football!!!:D

I have no idea what their for but, these are single element double lead and even pins. I collect bulbs when i go to pickapart and some how ended up with these [S

Attachments

• bulb.jpg
    bulb.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 10
I have no idea what their for but, these are single element double lead and even pins. I collect bulbs when i go to pickapart and some how ended up with these [S

Those would be for a single setup where no ground was achieved through light fixture probably. I think they just mis-matched parts on these. The contact plates don't line up bulb contacts when the bulb is twisted into place. After finding this, I was able to just wiggle the wire pigtail at the back of the fixture and make lights go off and on and change from lighting the brake or tail lamps...
I replaced it all with new 1157 style sockets and all is well.
Also, just met up with Tobby and picked up the new t350...got work to do.:D

Out with old, in with the new

Had help from my buddy Junior today and made good progress. Managed to get the 305 with t350 attached out in one piece. Have exhausted all manner of wheeled devices in the shop to carry motors and trannies around now. That was the only slow down today. Had to fashion one to hold the old motor while swapping the new one. Got some small issues taken care of around the firewall which will make going back in easier. Rewelded a broken motor mount(unknown until I pulled it.). Tomorrow I'll change my tranny cross-member to removable. Still need to swap a couple of things over from one to another like fan, carb, kickdown...
The new motor with new t350 attached:

It's gettin crowded in the motor corner:

New motor/tranny are in

Pix will come later. I just quit for the evening and am trying to scrape enough grime off me to shoot pool tonight. The heavy work is done. I'm still attaching things which will get completed either late tonight or tomorrow. All the underneath stuff is done. Just hoses and wiring stuff left. I'll start the break-in tomorrow morning....:D

Latest posts

Back