Poor road conditions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this on FB, but I'm glad you were not hurt!

You should look into the conversion kits for these VWs that make them into speedsters!

Where might I find these kits?? I was thinking that motor and trans might make a neat set up for a Ghia....... at least that is what I would like to do. If I can get the car back for a good price I will if nothing else just sit on the motor trans and tires for now.

I drive quite a bit in bad weather and have for 15 years. Almost all people in the ditch are 4 wheel drive pickups and SUV's. Just saw a bad rollover Thursday, later found out she was on her cell phone in her 4 wheel drive pickup. My company car is front wheel drive and has snow tires and I prefer these kind of cars for snow and ice type driving. Glad you are ok.

Guess I didn't read that part.......

Went Monday and got the rest of my stuff out of the car. Was kind of sad. Still don't know what is going to happen to it but would like to find out soon.

Front end was a little rougher than I thought. If you look you can see in the pic that the front wheels are pigeon toed...
IMG_20140120_091553_545_zps28f06001.jpg

IMG_20140120_092327_513_zpscafc906e.jpg

So moving on from there we decided to go car shopping. We were going to anyways. Figured that we were planning on getting a new car anyhow just wasn't replacing the one that got smashed. So the wife got the new car that she wanted...... and if they fix Frank, I will just sell her Monte, if not that will be my work car for a while.

The wifes new wheels......
IMG_20140121_164324_160_zps10317749.jpg

Nice new Chevy you got there. I like those, they look good. That rear quarter crunch on your VW will probably be the kiss of death :(

Don't know what they are going to give me for it yet, or what they want to buy it back, but saw online today that they deemed Frank a total loss.... :( Guess I already knew that but still sucked to see.

I think you could sell some of the parts for $300.00 and keep the motor and tranny for a future project. Not sure what the need is for parts for that model though, just a thought.

Well I talked to the insurance company yesterday. They are actually going to give me more than originally stated. Made the decision that it will be coming back home. They will be delivering the car in the next couple days.

Now the problem is that the wife wants me to use it for another project. She is no help to me saving money at all. Good thing is she knows what makes me happy and pushes for me to once and a while to do something for myself. Any more when we are out and about I drive past a car and say "I want that" when I see an old piece of tin sitting somewhere. Her response....... "Go make them an offer". I just turn and look at her and say, "you are no help!" Safe to say, I think I got a good one.

She sounds like a keeper.
Fast forward 40 yrs. and if she still has the same attitude you'll
know you made the right decision.
Congrats.
There's nothing better than a good marriage and
nothing worse than a bad one.

Ever since this happened, all I wanted was my little car back. So........ After a few weeks of searching, say hello to Repeat!

IMG_20140221_180630_831_zps6a8b67b6.jpg

This one is a little older than my last, it is a 99.5 the old one was a 2000. But it has 100k less miles, still a TDI, still a 5spd. Needs a little TLC but other than that, it appears to be a pretty solid car! I am pretty happy!

Hey Neverdone

I hear you with the crazy 4 wheel driver drivers out there....I deal with them everytime it snows around here...this year is a lot..

My wifes daughter has a VW Jetta also...wonderful wonderful cars...she loves it until something needs to be repaired...those 1/2 year cars are enough to drive you crazy...

Not sure what year hers is but searching for parts is never a fun time...

yours looks cool...needs some primer spots on it for little rat rod look....whatya think??? red steel wheels maybe???

Just thinking out loud...

MikeC

Latest posts

Back