1928 reo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a cool build! Is the engine mounted in this pic? Hoping not, cause it looks way off on the angle it should be.
CAM00395_zpsed56e200.jpg

I could be wrong but from the pic it looks like there's a tie strap around the frame rail going to the back of the engine block. So it's probably not in it's final position.

-Chris

Your right. I set the motor in so that I could build a crossmember in front of the balancer and still have clearance. Need to bring engine up about an inch,attach trans and set its crossmember. Should have radiator mounts in this weekend. Also will be changing rearend and moving steering column over about 2".

I don't know why but I love 4drs as you can tell by my screen name....but its kinda funny im building a 2dr coupe but when it comes to sedans[cl I just love the 4drs, I think they have a better look to them then the million other 2drs you see at every show!!! so I cant wait to see the finished product of this build.

Have not been real busy, But did get a few things done lately. I f%$#^&ng love the way my grille came out!!Just a few bits to trim and call it done. Its a donated 42 chevy truck. Got all I said I would finished. Just took a little longer. 12 bolt rear, trans mount, moved column, made rad supports. Started framing floor and got a couple body mounts done. Found one headlight at scrap metal place. bought other on ebay for only $28. Now see that I can't use the Porsche seats I had. I may cut up the original and use that....not sure yet. Anyway, enough babbling. Here's a few pics.

Airbags deflated in this pic.

Thanks Guys!! I bought the outer shells from Speedway and my friend lathed a set of stock centers to fit. I trued them on my wheel balancer, welded and painted myself. Only about a 1/16" off of true. Ive been told the grille looks like Groucho Marx.

These will probably end up being my "fun" wheels with stockers for daily driving. It's 8' 3" with these!:eek:

I was just about to ask how wide it is with those, that's one wide car! You can't beat the look though. You could go with a 10" wide wheel for regular driving and still get a plenty meaty tire as to not ruin the overall look.

To be honest, I wasn't sure about that grille when you first posted it. I like it, but I wasn't sure it fit the car overall. But seeing it outside, you got it spot on! Nice vision!

Latest posts

Back