1928 reo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that is one solid looking ride! Hope you are keeping the fenders on this build......but if not you could probably sell them to a restorer and finance a big chunk of your build :D

[P[P[P

Since this is my first rat build I plan to keep it pretty much the same recipe as most. Chop, channel, and drop the suspension. I wish I had more old parts to choose from but, we don't have acres of old car salvage yards here in rusty New England so it will have alot of newer parts. That's the original frame..they were very truck like frames. I got it in New Hampshire and it seemed to go through alot of good intentioned but severely novice hands before me. So, I wil fix all their mistakes and make it a fun reliable driver. I hope I can squeeze some advice from you guys from time to time.

I'd lower it a tad, better looking wheels and tires, build some running boards, maybe a satin paint job and drive it! Too nice to cut up! :D

You'd really need to see how bad the floor is rusted and the steel roof install up-close. Then you would understand why it's not a simple fix and drive. The seats and carpet should be out this week and I'll show you the ugly then. Besides, restoration parts for these cars are almost non-existant. the front fenders, frame covers and rear fenders were so soft that they were held on with self drilling screws from the PO. Believe me when I tell you, she ain't pretty. But, she will be :D

A few more pics of my 85 year old metal and some previos mistakes to fix. :rolleyes:

This was how the "new" floor was installed. Also need wheelwells.

Will need to build a frame.

Quick patchwork.

Motor mount.

Think I might need to replace the whole roof.

Can someone identify this?

I recycle scrap metal as a little pocket money and came across this recently. I would like to use it to trip relays for the lights but would love to know what it came out of.

This weekends work.

So it sat a little too high for me.

I fixed that.

I "Z'd" and boxed the rear frame.Built a trailing arm suspension.

Then added air bags.

Still lots to do before rear is done. Tracbar and shock mounts. Then finish welding. It will also be wearing these when finished.

Latest posts

Back