How not to build a nova

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rex1927

Why would someone donk a classic chevy nova?
But if they like it,it is fine with me.
That`s what is great about car hobby.Build your car the way you want to.
I don`t see the bag I would need to put over my head if I drove it.
Must already be in car.;)

Attachments

• thCAW381LJ.jpg
    thCAW381LJ.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 135
The only practical reason for that is if it floods, you've got a way to get around. On the other hand, swimming may be better.

Drinking, or drugs.
obviously a "great idea" someone came up with late at night.
Failure to listen to that little voice in your head that says,
Hey cowboy, you sure this is a good idea.

It's pretty rare to see a donked out classic car in my experience... they usually use newer cars. A real shame! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

these is one of those shockingly stupid rigs an abq nm as well
everytime i see it i laugh.
and i dont think that is the response the owner was looking for.......

im sure i will get flack for this but.. i dont see a lot of difference between people saying.. i cant believe they cut up that old car to build a rat or even a rod and you guys commenting on the donk(s)..

No i dont like donks.. but if its what the owner wants to do and its built safe.. i say go for it

im sure i will get flack for this but.. i dont see a lot of difference between people saying.. i cant believe they cut up that old car to build a rat or even a rod and you guys commenting on the donk(s)..

No i dont like donks.. but if its what the owner wants to do and its built safe.. i say go for it

not from me.
folks can do whatever they want
and i reserve the right to judge if i think it is stupid.
for instance
i hate lowriders
but i see one around that is a beautiful car
and if i owned it the only thing i would do to it is raise it up to stock height
and put regular fat white walls on it.

Ditto

I don't care much for the DONK style but it is creative.

Back in the early 80's people used to laugh at me in my 65 Buick Sport wagon that was lowered with centerlines on it. It had stout 455 in it and would smoke to ding bats that would laugh at me in their 5.0 Mustangs or their wanna be Z28's then I'd laugh at them in my rear view. Back then you could buy a pretty clean running classic wagon for $500 or less. People didn't want em'. NOW, it's a craze. I'm not sayin' that this DONK style will become a craze but you just never know....

The only reason I see for putting a lift kit on a car is if its getting some good mud tires.....otherwise it looksodd... now a nova on 33s flying through mud??? ....kinda cool I think! Better than a sink anyway

Latest posts

Back