Box or No Box? Your Opinion Wanted

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
I ran into more problems with the steering on Big Dodge wo I switched gears. I had a new Sawzall blade, a couple rough box sides and the Cornbinder was in the driveway. So, I sawed up the sides and set one in place. What do you prefer?
2008_0528box0004.jpg

IMO I definately like it with the box sides better.

What's the issue your having with the steering?

i also like the look of the box on it...i made mine out of a fridge , skinned the sides and squared them up , bent the top 4 inches about 45 degrees , welded exhuast pipe along the top to give it old look and made a box frame out of 1 inch tubbing and dropped it over the frame, cost about 80.00 , looks good... jeff

Both!

Hate to say this but I like it both ways. I like it with the box but really like it without too. It'll look cool either way you go!

Beercan

I kinda copied a truck that was featured on the cover of The Rodder's Journal a few years ago. Was never proud that I took someone's else's idea. I drove it last year without the box. But, now I think it's time to make it look more like a truck. And, even though the box is really small, it will provide some storage if two of us decide to head for the Hunnert Car Pileup in the fall. Darn, talking about fall and we have only had 1 or 2 days where its reached 70 degrees. Maybe as I continue with the box installation I'll throw some more pics up. Thanks for everyone's input. MAJORITY RULES!!!

Latest posts

Back