Box or No Box? Your Opinion Wanted

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, box!-MIKE:D

Little is good!

217467152.jpg

Dawg, Thanks for your interest in my little truck. In the "Builds" section, titled, "Another International Build" are lots of pic of this critter.

Maybe I should have called it a truck bed instead of a 'box', ay?

Dawg, Thanks for your interest in my little truck. In the "Builds" section, titled, "Another International Build" are lots of pic of this critter.

Maybe I should have called it a truck bed instead of a 'box', ay?

Box or Bed....... hmmmm seems we're gonna be headin in the same direction no matter how ya say it. :D

Oh, and it's spelt EH !

Just the Canadian comin out in me. Eh!

Lost Angel, I like the wheels and tires on your A pickup. The first rod I built was a '31 A pickup. I'll always have a special feeling for them.

rodduy, At my age, a bed is for sleeping overnight and a box is for sleeping a very long time. Oh, and Minnesota is like South Canada, so we put a drawl on our Eh's.

2008_0531box0001.jpg

I started making parts for installing a small box on the truck. Seen here is my laser guided, computer controlled toothed, reciprocating metal cutting center.

2008_0531box0005.jpg

Since there is no frame beyond the vertical members behind the cab, I made this framework to be welded to the vertical member. The box side will be bolted to the framework.

The box is looking good Bob W. I'm diggin the holes.

It's amazing how they hide all the electronics in those modern CNC saws isn't it?

the box

Nice work, the box/bed looks good. it will also give you a place to hide the battery tray and just enough room for a cooler full of beer.

Pablo

Love them holes man !thats gota be a new one .
Can i see more of your front suspention bob,thats a differant way for tiy rods for me and i aint seen anyone do a spring like that either?
Thems some cool i deas ,have you drove it yet?

Tom, the tie rod your seeing on on my 17 year old Grandson's '38 GMC. He's Zacho on RRR and he has done a Build thread on it. It isn't on the road yet but should be by late summer. He's about $500 away from completion. He is building almost everything from scratch because it is much cheaper and he will learn a lot more. The bed is going on my '35 International and there is a Build thread on it too, called "Another International Build".

Latest posts

Back