helping a buddy with a 40 yr aAltered dream...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
This is a mock up of my budies idea of a street A/A Fuel Altered. The T body is widened 8", BBC with a 671, glide, 9" rear and a speedway tube front. He is now retired and me, his wife and bro - law finally told him to put up or shut up with the build talk! The wife gave him the cash, I help with the build info and the Bro-in-law made a bet that he cant give him a ride in it in 3 months. he has 6 weeks left and started with just the block, tub and the blower![cl

and yes it will have a wing on it!

Attachments

• jim t bucket.jpg
    jim t bucket.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 168
love the altereds!!

man that is going to be cool. i always wanted to build a street version of THE WINGED EXPRESS. I AM AN ALTERED NUT. the only thing about a street one is the cutout for the tires. it would probably work with the body wider though. i have one done and two in the makeing. they are race ones though. i just bought a vw-t for the street. needs lots of work. check the vw thread for pics if interested.
ps. need more pics

He has a pic of the winged express as it is heading down the track sideways on his wall for inspiration.

The 671 might be a tad small but then it is only going to be a 468. Going to run it at 6% under. Would be a killer but it should be a stout street motor. :D

Nice that you are helping with the build.[cl It will have plenty of ponies for anything you can get by with on the street.

He should keep two hands on the wheel, not drive like Willie Borsch drove the Winged Express.:D

Nice that you are helping with the build.[cl It will have plenty of ponies for anything you can get by with on the street.

He should keep two hands on the wheel, not drive like Willie Borsch drove the Winged Express.:D

Bah! Whats wrong with 100mph slides with one hand and one foot for control?!:D

So I'm a little slow! Lol
here is how it sits as of 2 weeks ago. As of 2 days ago the wing has been added to the top of the cage and a 6-71 blower to the 454. I will add the pics so we all know it happened.
The A Tudor body is his next project. Geez! you guys all retire and go nuts building stuff!

Attachments

• folleyt1.jpg
    folleyt1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 63
  • folleyt2.jpg
    folleyt2.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 52
  • follya1.jpg
    follya1.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 54
  • folleya2.jpg
    folleya2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 50
Eman - as it turns out he got the Tudor body, a full set of new Brookville fenders and running boards, a new walker radiator and grille shell, a stock hood and a smooth hood top all for the sum of $4500...Grrr! Now I know why he wouldn't tell me what he was doing with the trailer![cl

And so we know it all happened here is the T with the blower

Attachments

• folleyt4.jpg
    folleyt4.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 22
  • folleyt5.jpg
    folleyt5.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 22
  • folleyt3.jpg
    folleyt3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts