My Nailhead!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Always loved Nailheads & mine is a 425ci bored .60 to 431ci, Isky 3/4 cam, Sanderson block hugger headers & a 3x2 carb setup, straight exhaust! It has monster torque & I can go 30mph... give it 1/2 throttle & it'll smoke the big back tires! Only run it on the middle carb because it pretty scary on all 3!!!

BoB

Attachments

• bigbadnailhead.jpg
    bigbadnailhead.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 112
That's one sweet looking mill[dr

Man that looks good!!!!!!
Good stuff Tripper............

Thanks guys... always wanted one & one finally crossed my path. Did a whole rebuild & this thing is a rip snorter! I have a quick change rear & when I hit the road I slam in a 2.19:1 rear gear & it pulls it so easy. People try to race me on the highway & at 80 stomp... no one's been able to hang so far even with that tall gear... lov it!!!

BoB

Attachments

• qc.jpg
    qc.jpg
    369.8 KB · Views: 52
That's a fine lookin engine
I'd like to have more than the 4 bbl on mine, just can't make myself buy some yet.

Whats good for TV Tommy Ivo...

is good for me.....Nice engine Trip....still got that one sitting in the barn...not sure what the kid is going to do with it...if anything....it's covered up and oiled down and waiting....turns free.....every once in a while I take a peek under the cover and think.....[S

just put a 425 in my model T , nice fit. sure hopeing to have the same performance out of it as Trip, puts eno in my underwear to hear it comes unglued from the road at 30 mph, just have to get my drive shaft built and weld up my header kit,and i should be ready for the test trip. had a HO 302 in it for the last 7 years and although it was good , it just wasn,t enough so hopefully this nailhead will be able to put the excitment back in her

Latest posts

Back