Nineteen Something Chevrolet Roadster

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChopperDave

Well my grille shell showed up today so I thought that We should start a Build thread.
ChevyGrille.jpg

This was my inspiration:
LowBlow1.jpg

However I found this body:
Montage.jpg

and with the way the cowl is shaped it looks more Chevy than Ford.
Here is a 1919 Chevy 490:
1919Chev490.jpg

So my idea is to build it as a Chevrolet seeing as I already have a 454 on the motor stand.

That's a very interesting body. Do you have any details on it such as who produced it, where it came from?

That is an interesting bucket body. The comparison to the 23 T is good, shows just how much bigger yours is. Is it a customized 23, or a Dodge or something else?

PA41

That is an interesting bucket body. The comparison to the 23 T is good, shows just how much bigger yours is. Is it a customized 23, or a Dodge or something else?

PA41

Looks like a T that has been stretched for foot room.

Up Date On the 1919 Chevy

1919 Chevrolet Bucket

Even though I have built a bunch of Repop Duece Roadsters over the years the desire for a bucket has never diminished.
In November of 09 I upgraded the engine in my dually to a Vortec 7.4 and have a good 454 sitting on my stand.
So I decided to build a car around that Big Block Chevy... In my searching for a stretched body that I could actually fit in I came across Hermans Fast Glass.
Eureka! Is it just me or does that cowl look almost Chevrolet?
A plan was hatching: Build it as a Chevy rather than a Ford. Something a little different...

Then I found a 1919 Radiator Surround out in Iowa:

Bought one of SoCal's new Forged Drop Axles:

IMG_2059.jpg

Fabricated some Tapered Rails:

IMG_2054.jpg

And laid it out on the shop floor:
IMG_2063.jpg

IMG_2062.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg

Went and picked up a rear axle today. I will post some pics later.

I'm ready to see this baby come together , I like the idea of the larger body. It's some much more fun to drive when you are comfortable .

Latest posts

Back